Forum slow

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Thanks, Ian! No more problems. How many forums do you run? The reason I ask, I saw your name as administrator on another one, though I forgot which one it is.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Excellent, I'm glad these tweaks have improved performance :). The full server move hasn't taken place yet, but should happen sometime next week (getting the config correct is taking much longer than I thought), but I'll keep this thread updated as things progress.

Reaction score
Since I joined recently, I too am seeing the same issue. Sometimes is opens lickety split and at other times it can take 20 to 30 seconds or longer and in a few instances not at all. Then an hour later all is lickety split again.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I've moved this thread to the feedback section :)

The forum speed seems OK from my end, so I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having access problems. How many seconds would you say it takes to load up?

If it's the first page you load that is slow, I wonder if it's a DNS lookup issue. I did a test on http://www.alertra.com and it seems to load pretty quick on there.
Yeah I Have For the last month I Can't even get on with my old Coco account .

An error about an exicution 30 secs exceeded keeps on comming up every time.

So I had to created this account and it it still doesn't work on some computers.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
These are just server issues that pop up every once in a while. It's no cause for concern.

The more members online the more congested the servers get. In addition, most host servers carry several websites, so more chances for congestion.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The full server transfer will take place next week as it looks like the new server had a faulty memory module that causes random crashes. I'm doing testing on it now, and if it continues to perform well I hope the transfer can take place next week.

I've made lots of tweaks to the forum database structure which should have helped while it is still running on the old server. :)

Ask a Question