Laptop Specs:

System Manufacturer/Model Number: HP Pavilion dv6z-6b00 CTO Quad Edition
CPU: AMD A6-3410MX APU
Memory: 6.00GB
Graphics Card:AMD Radeon(TM) HD6520G
Antivirus: Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security
Browser: Chrome, IE (rarely)

Hello All,

I am experiencing a very debilitating issue with my laptop. The error indicated on the title of this thread appears every time I try to open several applications/programs on my machine; the error is present in at least the following applications: Windows explorer (not on every instance), HP SimplePass, HP CSI Shell, HP Support Assistant, HP Installer, Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Synaptics TouchPad V7.5...

I tried to restore the laptop to a previous point; however, for some type of error --that I cannot remember what it was-- it was not possible to complete the system restore. Additionally, when I tried to restore the system there were not too many options for choosing the time for my system restore: as you can see there are just three possible dates to choose from; two of them are after the issue began, thus pointless, and the third date is too far before from the beginning of the problem ---which began approximately around July 25-28 ish.

I can provide, if request it, a zip file with some recent logs (CBS. log, Errors Event Viewer, Trend Micro last Scan.txt, Malware log.txt, Hitman Pro log on Safe Mode log, Check Disk Event Viewer log) for your review.

I ran my laptop on Safe Mode and several applications seemed to work fine (Adobe Acrobat X Pro, HP SimplePass, and Windows explorer); there were others that I could not test since were not available (Synaptics TouchPad V7.5, HP CSI Shell); and there was one that did not work (HP Support Assistant). I uninstalled/re-installed the latter to no avail. I also uninstalled/installed Google Chrome, but alas there was no improvement either.

Several months ago I faced something similar ---though somehow I resolved it--- and If my memory is correct there was a common thing that was present before and is present now: I plugged a Dell keyboard on one of my laptop's USB hubs and a set of drivers were installed automatically to make the keyboard functional.

Could this be an application/software conflict the cause of my problem?

I really need some help.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this matter.

Note: I am not an expert on software or hardware so, I would really appreciate if you help me out to sort this issue having that in mind. In the midst of my ignorance, I reckon this is not a hardware issue since apart from the issue mentioned above my machine seems to be working normally.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7Forums.

I would suggest that you remove Trend Micro. Instructions are HERE on the Trend Micro Website.
*Sometime* over zealous AV products cause problems.

If it doesn't make a difference download the latest version of Trend Micro and install it. Don't use the same installer that you originally used.

The reason I say that, is because sometimes a newer version can magically fix things.

Let us know how it goes.

Ask a Question