eMachines & W7

nof

Reaction score
Is W 7 incompatible with eMachines g520? Just looking at a factory defaults area and found a cd W7 recovery disk. This indicates that some laptops in the UK are using W7. Surely other versions of Windows would work? It is a pretty mean trick if the next update to Windows can't be used. Buyers beware! Any further knowledge would be appreciated.

nof

Reaction score
Windows 7 is not supported by eMachine for your model. However this does not mean Windows 7 will not run on your model.

What this does mean is that if Windows 7 does work on your model, you may have no choice but to install Vista 32-bit hardware drivers to get things to work. Using the Vista drivers also means that you will not have 64-bit driver support at all, this leaves you installing Windows 7 32-bit.

Here is a link for the eMachine G520 Vista 32-bit Drivers

nof

Reaction score
eMachines & W 7

Thank you for your helpful reply. Are you saying that Vista drivers will help W 7 to work better?
I'll try the drivers over next few days.

I am quite resigned to 32 bit programs so that doesn't concern me much.

nof

Reaction score
Are you saying that Vista drivers will help W 7 to work better?
I'm saying that Windows 7 drivers will be better. However if there are no Windows 7 drivers, you may have to use the Vista drivers to get things working.

Ask a Question