Dual Boot..Vista /Win7

Reaction score
Hi! :).........Have without success been trying to load Vista Ultimate/ Win7 as Dual Boot..it gets so far loading Win7 then setup tosses in the towel??.....tried a few things no luck
loaded XP/Win7 Dual boot no problems??
Has anyone else had problems or is there some secret??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It does work, so there must be something specific in your setup causing the problems. :) How does the install process end, do you get any errors or crashes?

Reaction score
I think this could be another case of bad ISO burn, try burning the image again, but at a lower speed

Reaction score
You're installing Vista first, right? You're using separate partitions, right?

Reaction score
Can you tell us how you fixed it for the help of others, who have this problem, or similar, thanks

Reaction score
Dual Boot Vista/Win7

:) Thanks for your replies..I spent hours on this..(installed Vista then from inside Vista tried to install Win7 to a second partition..no luck..worked from XP but not Vista) ..then there was a glitch in the reboot of Vista next thing I had the Vista install disc in to fix the boot and low and behold I had a dual boot..so I am not too sure how it happened.and I have now shifted on to trying the Virtual pc and am fast running out of time to try everything with Win7...Just a thought install both platforms on two seperate partitions then put in the Vista install disk and go to repair program..just a thought..:) Have now tried this theory..and it works dual boot comes up after the repair and restart..ronpeck

Last edited:

Ask a Question