DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

Reaction score
So yeah as stated in my title I'm getting that particular BSOD. Frankly I'm surprised as I've had no issues with my other rig only with my new one. I'm hoping its something simple. I've already tried a clean install, sweep, reinstall. Attached is my minidump and my specs are already listed in my profile.

EDIT: Also have already run memtest and got no issues or errors. Scanned with cmd and all integrity is stable.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Odd my computer says I've an AR8161/8165 but I don't see it in the link of the post you put down. I've gone to http://www.atheros.com/corporate/content.php?nav1=146 instead and seen found my product's driver there. Hopefully that works, unless its preferred that I use a driver from the link you posted. If so let me know cause the last thing I want is another BSOD due to my ignorance.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As long as you updated your driver. If you get another BSOD just post the new DMPs.

Reaction score
Well after about 24hrs of no crashing I got the same issue that suddenly popped up. Attached is the newest minidump... hopefully its not the same thing as I'm rather out of options as to what driver to download and put up if I didn't get the right one.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Still says its the Atheros driver. This one is dated March 18, 2013 (the old one was July 18, 2012); so you did update it but it still seems to be problematic. Maybe you have the wrong driver for your computer or maybe the driver is poorly written and won't work well with your setup.

I don't know what to tell you except to uninstall it and try another or try contacting Atheros

Reaction score
Wondering if perhaps disabling the driver/device and just going with a network card would stop this from happening?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Unless the driver is actually removed it can cause problems.

Ask a Question