Do you think Windows 7 will be more successful than XP

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I think it will - but it does depend on how you measure success. Would that be in terms of customer satisfaction or software sales?

I'd guess that satisfaction will be up slightly as Windows 7 works well, and it can interface with lots of thing out of the box. In terms of sales, it will probably smash through the XP sales as there are so many more PCs now (and people often have more than one PC in the household these days).

Time will tell :D

Reaction score
I think you could be right as PC are getting cheap and factor in more of them, and over all Win 7 works well, I bet Win 7 could dominate.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
About 40% of PCs coming in to my work are Windows 7 installs (and I'm finding there are a few rules to follow that makes a clean or upgrade install perform without any issues). I have received some very good feedback from customers that are delighted with Windows 7 and i firmly believe Windows 7 will out shine XP.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Yep, I think it will - but it does depend on how you measure success. Would that be in terms of customer satisfaction or software sales?

I'd guess that satisfaction will be up slightly as Windows 7 works well, and it can interface with lots of thing out of the box. In terms of sales, it will probably smash through the XP sales as there are so many more PCs now (and people often have more than one PC in the household these days).

Time will tell :D
"Time will tell". That's 100% correct. For as much as XP has brought to the computing world, and still holds the highest percentage of users, Windows 7 will drive the nail in XP's coffin. From it's release in 2001 until it's no longer supported by Microsoft in 2014, 13 years will have passed. I seriously doubt another OS (including Windows 7) will be supported that long. But XP hit it's peak in January, 2007, having 76.1% of the market, with well over 400 million copies in use. It took 6 years for XP to hit that record, and I tip my hat to them for that. It was an amazing feat. But back to the year 2010. Windows 7 will break that mark in half of that time, or less. There are a couple of reasons for my opinion of that. First, Windows 7 is on a roll like no other OS has never seen. Secondly, computer prices are at an all time low. My ancient Latitudes (C640 & D610) were $1200 & $1700 when they were new in 2002 & 2005. This PC that I bought in November cost only $625 and has four times the features of the other two put together, although they both are running Windows 7 as well. That (the prices) is one of the best reasons that Windows 7 is already on a roll, as well as excellent media reviews. Why spend $200 to $300 on a OS alone, when you can buy quality PC's & laptops for $299 to $599? Those are my reasons that Windows 7 will smash the XP's 6 year rise to the top. Positive media reviews and price. You know what a great theme song for Windows 7 public release should have been? "The boy's are back in town". And they're not leaving anytime soon.

Ask a Question