Directly connection via serial port

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm working in telecommunication company and need created directly connection PC to PC via serial port(null modem connection) for connection to equipment. But Windows 7 haven’t not this option. could
any body help me

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi jamba1919 and welcome :)

Windows 95 / 98 easy but 7 not so, you will need third party software as Windows will treat the direct connection as a "network" connection, saying that you will need to have unique names for each of your computers, as for the software you may find something here > http://www.hw-group.com/products/hw_vsp/index_en.html

Reaction score
I will be conected my PC to other equipment(Tellabs) by null_modem connection.
I will be used standart null-modem cabel.So I need soft for emulation standart null-modem conection of Windows on my PC(windows 7)
because W7 have't this option(but W_XP have this type of connection)
So could I use you refer. soft Virtual Port for this?
Or it can be used only for PC>PC connection?

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
You could try using an Ethernet crossover cable and connect PC to PC via Ethernet.

Reaction score
Hi. I have a similar problem, where I need to create a direct serial connection between my Windows 7 pc and a hardware device, for testing of that device. This is possible in Win XP but not in Win 7. Does anyone know of a 3rd party utility that can create such a connection?

Ask a Question