Difficulty registering (understatement of the year)

Reaction score
First of all let me say that if the purpose of this site is to remain exclusive and closed to new members without actually stating that it is CLOSED to new members, it has succeeded in doing this. I have used approximately 50 attempts before I could ascertain that my email address is not recognized. I thought I had already registered but evidently I did not. There must be multiple Windows 7 forums out there. Then I used approximately 30 more attempts. before I succeeded in figuring out what was expected for the two anti-spam checkers. Is there any secret to being able to read those what I consider unreadable words that are written on black? Is there any secret to being able to hear those sounds that I consider undecipherable that play when you are unable to read the unreadable words even at full zoom? Now it seems I'm actually IN. Praise be to All*h! I can't believe this message is actually going to be posted so, as I type this, I'm trying to think of it solely as typing practice. Those spam robots that are out there must be a helluva lot smarter than I am! I should add that this item will probably never be marked as solved. Joining computer forums has become so ridiculously spam sensitive as to become the basis for America's Home Videos joke of the year. How many poor computers have been taken to the curb and beaten up with sledge hammers by frustration of individuals caused by sites like this one by people who have a lot less patience than I?

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes there are many W7 forums & now it appears you have, now, successfully joined ours. Welcome to www.w7forums.com.

Unfortunately spammers are quite prevalent on the web so some checks to ensure you are human are necessary. I would offer that there is a button to change the captcha and I often find it beneficial to view 2 or 3 until I find one I can actually make out.

As for anyone who takes a sledgehammer to their computer out of frustration, that may be one way to "permanently solve" the reason for which they came here in the first place :p

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I do agree, regarding the spam robots. I have recently joined an alternative site, which had a particularly difficult one. I had to flick it seven times (Hopefully you saw that option?). before I was able to decipher what was writtten. They are, for the most part not needed in such a complicated manner. I have encountered some which are immediately decipherable. I understand they are there to prevent unwarranted computer (non human) intervention, with consequnt mass posting. This could, in the extreme, take down a site.
However, welcome to the site. It is NOT exclusive but quite the opposite. All the "staff" try to keep posts at a friendly level, but not with excessive moderating.
Stay with us and have a chat or (?) ask for help when needed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes there are many W7 forums & now it appears you have, now, successfully joined ours. Welcome to www.w7forums.com.

Unfortunately spammers are quite prevalent on the web so some checks to ensure you are human are necessary. I would offer that there is a button to change the captcha and I often find it beneficial to view 2 or 3 until I find one I can actually make out.

As for anyone who takes a sledgehammer to their computer out of frustration, that may be one way to "permanently solve" the reason for which they came here in the first place :p

I can not seem to get my question posted and have created profile etc.. also am posting here so VERY CONFUSED

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
jodie, can you be more specific as to why you can't post ... do you get an error message? Will a new thread not open when you hit the new thread button? or do you type it and then it will not allow you to post? are you trying to add attachments and it won't allow it? If your post include certain links then it is possible the spam blocking software may stop the thread from "showing" but I don't see any posts awaiting moderation so I don't think that's the problem.

What happens if you try to add your question here in this thread?

Ask a Question