Default/Standard Gateway is not available

Reaction score
The last couple of weeks I have had a consistent problem. My internet connection abruptly disappears.
A yellow triangle appears over my internet connection. I then run the troubleshooter and it it finish quickly.
It says that there was a problem with the Default/Standard Gateway.
The exact message is "Default/Standard Gateway is not available". This happends roughly two to
three times a day.
I have tried to search diffrent forums for solutions and so far I have; Downloaded
the latest drivers from Realteks website, removed the energy saving options, disabled
TCP IPV4/6 overload
(internetproblem.jpg - ImageHost.org). ALTHOUGH without succes.

Im using Windows 7 Home Proffesional OEM 64 bit and a integrated NIC named "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
Down below is some information generated through the troubleshooter.
Its in Swedish so if you need anything translated, give me a shout.
Im also attaching some screenshots of the troubleshooter: internetproblem.jpg - ImageHost.org
internetproblem.jpg - ImageHost.org

If you need any other logs etc. just give me a shout then aswell.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Information om drivrutin för nätverkskortet Anslutning till lokalt nätverk:

Beskrivning . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Tillverkare . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek
Leverantör . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 7.2.1127.2008
INF-fil . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\netrtx64.inf
INF-filens datum . . . . . . . . : den 13 juli 2009 20:37:30
Avsnittsnamn . . . . . . . . . : RTL8168D.ndi
Maskinvaru-ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_10ec&dev_8168&rev_03
Instansstatusflaggor . . . . . : 0x180200a
Enhetshanterarens statuskod . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
Fysisk medietyp . . . . . . . . : 14

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Are you using a wireless connection to your modem or is it hard-wired?

Are you certain your ISP is not having problems? If you are hard-wired and it goes out then I suggest you call your ISP while it is out.

If you are wireless then the connection can drop out for any number of reasons and the most common suggestion I would give there is to logon to your wireless router and set it up for a different channel.

Also, if I understand that currently, you should update your Realtek driver from 2008 as it is pre-Windows 7 production release of June 2009.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
oskar19, welcome to the forum! Based on a little researching, this appears to be a notebook wireless driver.

Enter "sp46504.exe" into your search box, there are several links for this driver. It appears to be a HP wireless driver, according to my search. Make sure that you select the HP site for the driver download, some of the links are third party ones, you don't have to pay for it.

That would be a good starting point, is to make sure that you have the correct driver installed. If that doesn't fix things, your wireless modem may need attention.

Best of Luck,
Cat

Reaction score
I am using wire and my no one else in my local circuit that has the same ISP has recieved similar problems.
The thing is that this has happened before, quite along time ago though. But then the problem just vanished and never occured again. But now it seems to have emerged again. That also confirms my theory that this has nothing to do with my ISP.

I am having a hard time actually finding the right drivers. I go to Realtek's web site and click my way through to downloads. But while im there I don't know which driver to take.
There is two options that i have questions about:

First; since my NIC is integrated which options should i take PCI or PCI-E, none of them sound right really.

Second; There are two different choices, 10/100/1000M Gigabit Ethernet and the other is 10/100M Fast Ethernet. Which one is the right?

Adding pictures to clarify:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Im using Windows 7 Home Proffesional OEM 64 bit and a integrated NIC named "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
PCIe is PCI Express

And Gigabyte or Fast PCIe Software give the same results for your case - version 7.034

You can get just the driver or the driver with installer.

Ask a Question