D-link network card (DWL-G520+)

Reaction score
I have a D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G+ (DWL-G520+) network card but after installing the Windows7 Release Candidate, can't get any drivers to work for the card.

Does anyone know of any drivers or firmware that can sort this? Can't see anything on the D-link site and tried both the latest G520 and 520+ drivers (they don't show anything for G520+)

It is the 64bit version i have downloaded - ordered the Home version, but that's not released until October in the UK.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Thanks, but no joy.

I downloaded the folder and unzipped to the desktop, but when i tried to update the driver and pointed it at the folder, got the "windows could not find driver software for your device" error.

I also tried some folders taken from forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/23703-atheros-v2-0-0-74-for-windows-7/

Don't really understand the site as their walkthrough also talks about downloading an INF file to place into these folders.

My system just died (e-machine) and i have done my first rebuild.
motherboard : Asus P5QPL-AM
4GB Ram
I have a new partition with windows XP sp1 which is the only reason i can get online right now.
Using old rollerball mouse and fathers keyboard as mine no longer work - the plastic cover inside the laser mouse at the base is melted.

I know my network card works as this is what i'm using right now (was actually surprised it wasn't fried).

Can't think of any other details that may help, i'm pretty new to this stuff so i apologise if i seem a bit slow on some of this.

Last edited:

Ask a Question