Corel VideoStudio PRO X4 uninstall questions?

Reaction score
hey guys. I am doing a system reformat (back to factory defaults). I am about to uninstall VideoStudio, but, in the box, it comes with a little papaer that says:
"LEGAL NOTICE: THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS THRID PARTY MATERIALS AND MAY ONLY BE INSTALLED ON ONE (1) COMPUTER. SEE SECTION 15 OF THE EULA FOR DETAILS."

Does that mean I will lose the license? Or, can I just uninstall it like Office 2007 and get the license back?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well the EULA may offer more info but assuming this is the only computer you have it installed on then yes you can definitely uninstall it and then reinstall.

When you take the machine to factory setting you reformat and reinstall so why are you bothering to uninstall anything? Simply Back-up your data (consider using Windows Easy Transfer), and back-up/gather your drivers, make sure you have the install disks for your OS and all your programs, then reformat and reinstall.

Reaction score
Well the EULA may offer more info but assuming this is the only computer you have it installed on then yes you can definitely uninstall it and then reinstall.

When you take the machine to factory setting you reformat and reinstall so why are you bothering to uninstall anything? Simply Back-up your data (consider using Windows Easy Transfer), and back-up/gather your drivers, make sure you have the install disks for your OS and all your programs, then reformat and reinstall.

Well, I have a Dell so it has all the graphical ui to reformat the system.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Even so, if it is reformatting then the drive is wiped so waste of time to uninstall first. (Now if it is just doing some system repair that would NOT be the same thing and would not reformat)

Reaction score
Have you ever had an adobe product? Photoshop? Etc? Did you know you pay $699 for 1 license, and if u uninstall the program without deactivating or If you even if you reformat without uninstalling you lose the license? Yeah, I don't want that to happen to me.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nope, never heard of that. I've never had a piece of software I couldn't reinstall. And I don't own any software I paid that kind of money for.

I have office 2010 that's probably supposed to be worth about that but I got it free for taking a 1 hour MS survey; and I've never installed it, I still use my 2007.

Last edited:

Ask a Question