Copy & Paste does not work.

Reaction score
Hi folks and thank you for your input

I am unable to copy & paste in MS Word or Excell or my Note Pad. This has been going on for about a week. I have looked everywhere with no results. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
How are you trying to cut and paste? There are ways to do cut via mouse (right-click ... cut/paste) or via keys (Ctrl+X to cut, Ctrl+V or Shift+Ins to paste)); have you tried each?

Have you scanned your machine for viruses?

Reaction score
I made an error in the original post.
It should be "copy and paste". Sorry about that.
Thank you for your help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Same principle, except it is ctrl+c for the copy key.

Have you scanned for viruses?

And have you tried via mouse and via keyboard? Reason I ask is sometimes keyboards wear out, the key may no longer function.

Does it do it for all documents?

We need to know what you have tried.

Reaction score
Try copying and pasting files and folders inted of text.If this also don't work,then maybe its a virus or damged system files problem.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I once had this problem(I was not abale to copy text and files) in XP after installing Windows 7 in another partition.During the windows 7 installtion,some XP files were corrupted.I still don't know how??

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question