Controller PCI Simple Communication

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my new computer with this motherboard: ASUS 1155 LE P8H61-M Rev 3.0 ATX DDR3 H61 Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1Ghz 6MB 95W GPU 1155 with Sandy Bridge. I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. My problem is that Windows Update can not find the following drivers: PCI Simple Communication ... I do not know me ... then the integrated wireless card can you help me?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
In my past experience, the PCI Simple Communication driver usually refers to the driver associated with the dial-up modem chipset.

Try downloading S.I.W. (System Information for Windows), run it as a standalone program and it "should" tell you which brand of modem chipset it is.

You could also go to the computer maker's website and download the driver from there.

Giving us the brand and model of computer will help too.

BTW, welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

Reaction score
Hello,
I just got my new computer with this motherboard: ASUS 1155 LE P8H61-M Rev 3.0 ATX DDR3 H61 Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1Ghz 6MB 95W GPU 1155 with Sandy Bridge. I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. My problem is that Windows Update can not find the following drivers: PCI Simple Communication ... I do not know me ... then the integrated wireless card can you help me?
well it is true it usually is a dial up modem, but in your case I don't think it is. Most newer computers don't come with any fax modem, you have to add it later. I suggest you install the ASUS 1155 LE P8H61-M drivers for Windows 7 if they are available. Its probably the wireless card that is integrated or another device on the Motherboard.

Reaction score
you can also go into the control panel..device manager....right click on the pci communications device...go to properties and select hardware id from the drop down menu...copy the first line to clipboard and paste it in search box at www.devid.info and it will give you links to the correct driver

Ask a Question