Control Panel>Sound Problem

Reaction score
Have updated my computer to Windows 7 OS. Have a Creative Sound Blaster X-FiXtreme Audio card (drivers/software updated for Win 7) which seems to work ok. Can look at settings in control panel > sound - no problem. Once I install a Logitech G930 Gamer headset the Win 7 control panel > sound option will open once. If I try to use it again to change what is the default audio device it freezes will not open or close. Evidently, Wireless Gamng Headset G930 is not compatible with the Creative sound card and/or win 7 OS. PC speakers work as long as I do not install the G930 head set. My computer specs are:

SYSTEM
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz
Intel(R) Core(TM)i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67 GHz

Motherboard: EVGA EVGA P55 3X SLI SU E658 lbex Peak
Bus Type PCI
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. BIOS Date: 09/23/10
Memory: 2048 MB Dual Core

PERIPHERALS
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 updated to Win7)
Sound: sound blaster X-FiXtreme Audio - Driver updated
for windows 7
Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium Updated (updated from XP
SP3)

NOTE: Before going to Win 7 ran Windows 7 Advisor and found no major problems.

Reaction score
check the microsoft compatability list for your head set. how long does it stay frozen.
have you checked for creative sound website for correct driver for your sound blaster x-fixtreme. they also have head set support too.

Reaction score
RE: Win 7 and sound card problems

I am contact with Logitech about the problem. So far no help. I am running the 32 bit version of Windows 7. Sorry, I left that out of original post.

Reaction score
Sound Problem Solved

I have tried all solutions from Logitech and Microsoft - Nothing has worked ! Even tried loading Windows 7 professional. Same problems occurred as in my original post. Tried to send a email to Microsoft and was refused entry beyond the Product ID point.

So I am going back to Windows XP SP3. After all this I am convinced that Windows 7 is so bloated that even Microsoft can't or won't attempt to fix problems. Logitech tried to make my G930 gaming headset compatible and failed miserably !

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!

Reaction score
just keep in mind, XP has weakness, but it would help more if you let us know if its a laptop or desktop.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I would say your issue is with Logitech, not Microsoft. And even w/o a creative sound card the headset seems to lock up the mixer .... see HERE and HERE and on Logitech's own forum HERE.

And I saw at least two online game forums with requests for help because the game is freezing and they mention a G930 in their system specs (coincidence maybe or maybe not)

Ask a Question