Computer Keeps Freezing a few mins after i open any program or just leave the computer idle.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok you appear to have multiple AV programs (McAfee, Avast!, Nortons) installed.
Which is your prefered AV? Do you have the disk for it?

Do you use Nortons online backup?
If you don't, please uninstall it and if there is a Norton Internet security.

Just use windows defender for a short time. You can re-install your favorite AV later.
Please make sure that Windows Defender is up-to-date.

Use Start -> Control Panel -> uninstall to remove McAfee and Nortons.
For Avast! do the following:

1. The Uninstaller for AVAST can be found HERE
  2. Uninstall Avast in Safe Mode using Avastclear, HERE
  3. Run Rejzors Uninstall Utility, found HERE, in Normal Mode (removes traces avastclear doesn't) - reboot.

Reaction score
i have avast premier just been to lazy to uninstalll the other since restore. ill uninstall them all.

Reaction score
Well i uninstalled everything and the computer seems to be working now but it still crashed like two times after i uninstalled so should i leave avast off my computer or was the problem something else. Man i cannot thank you enough you are a lifesaver. Definitely gonna tell any of my buddies with comp problems to come here. Now for some League of Legends :D

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

Put the crash dump files in a zip file and upload them to the forum and I will have a look at them.
They end with .dmp and should be in the C:\Windows or C:\Windows\Minidump directory.

Also if you purchased the premium version of Avast, try downloading and installing the latest version. Sometimes a clean up by those Avast utilities fixes problems with Avast.

Ask a Question