Computer completely freezes, need help.

Reaction score
Weird :/ That's exactly what I did, and It didn't work. I will double check. Once again trainableMan thanks for the quick response and amazing support :) , I will double check And I will post here after.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
What makes you think an adapter would make a difference?

Did you double check the plug settings on the IDE HD? If you post a picture of the pins as well as one of the settings if there is one, we can look. Also in BIOS maybe you have to enable IDE? Does your BIOS even see the IDE drive?

BTW, Is the SATA HD making all the noise by any chance from Hitachi? Just curious because I had that issue. Hitachi HD was very loud and it also ran very hot, I added extra fans to help pull out the heat but it still died a year later.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, The master is connected to the hdd and the main board to the mobo. Yes it is enable and it shows that IDE it's active, but I still get the blue screen... and yes my hdd (the sata one) is from hitachi.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well blue screen may never have been related to the HD. Disconnect all the HDs and just boot to the W7 DVD. Does it still BSOD?

I told you I suspect the RAM, maybe that stick has issues or maybe you can't use defaults in BIOS which means you would have to set it properly. I'm not an expert on timings and memory and as I said I'm getting ready to go away but I think you need to look it up to make sure your BIOS voltage and timing is correct for that memory you have or you need to try a different stick (or better a matched pair).

Ask a Question