Clone or Direct To SSD

Reaction score
Thank You everyone for your help.

Help greatly appreciated for 2 questions.

Question 1:

Make Clone of Windows 7 Pro OS which right now is on mechanical HD + then load this Clone on to the SSD

or

Load Windows 7 Pro OS directly on to the SSD

or

Give up and have a beer and take a nap

Question 2:

Best procedure(s) to shrink Windows 7 OS which right now is about 64 Gigabytes

Thank You very much everyone.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Because an SSD requires special drivers you would probably have issues trying to boot from the cloned version, so I would simply reinstall.

Be sure to use the 32-bit version if size is a concern. And a fresh install will naturally be smaller without restore points and temp files etc.

Reaction score
Because an SSD requires special drivers you would probably have issues trying to boot from the cloned version, so I would simply reinstall.

Be sure to use the 32-bit version if size is a concern. And a fresh install will naturally be smaller without restore points and temp files etc.
Good movie with Burt Lancaster called The Train.

Thank You for your help.

Will 'practice' creating a slimmed down Windows 7 Pro OS on my Mechanical Hard Drive.
Then will directly load Windows 7 Pro OS on my SSD as you suggested.
No Cloning.

Removing Hibernation happily took the OS size down from 65GB to 41GB.

Thank You TrainableMan

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You might check out this article on Slimming down Windows 7. I've never tried it myself but apparently you use it to cut out unwanted portions of the W7 Installation ISO.

Off-topic: How about Silver Streak with Gene Wilder?

Ask a Question