Clipboard

Reaction score
It seems that we still have the silly old clipboard which I think
goes back to Windows 95.
Am I correct?

regard
Richard

Reaction score
Whats wrong with clipboard - Without it you couldnt copy and paste from one app to the next

BetaMan

Official G33k
Reaction score
Ya lol there's nothing different about that... it really hasn't ever changed...

Reaction score
I copy and paste all the time - text, images, links, whole webpages

If I'm not badly mistaken - Clipboard is where the information is held allowing us to do this

Reaction score
I have long wished that there was a seamless way to store more than one item on the clipboard at a time. Perhaps some combination of the numpad and good ol' ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

Like ctrl+num1+c for clipboard slot one, ctrl+num2+c for slot two, etcetera. This isn't the most user-friendly macro, but it's the first that comes to mind.

Reaction score
I have long wished that there was a seamless way to store more than one item on the clipboard at a time. Perhaps some combination of the numpad and good ol' ctrl+c and ctrl+v.

Like ctrl+num1+c for clipboard slot one, ctrl+num2+c for slot two, etcetera. This isn't the most user-friendly macro, but it's the first that comes to mind.
The only other way I can think of is the way Office Excel does
If you store more than one item it pops up with a list of stored items to choose from

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's something I'd not really thought about until you mentioned this thread. Having multiple copy/paste slots would be very handy for me, as I'm copying and pasting code snippets all the time.

Oh well, Windows 8 might include it ;)

Reaction score
That's something I'd not really thought about until you mentioned this thread. Having multiple copy/paste slots would be very handy for me, as I'm copying and pasting code snippets all the time.

Oh well, Windows 8 might include it ;)
Yes, it would have been great and VERY useful Ian, and I would have thought it would not take much to implment - not that I would know!:lol:
Just look what they have done to the jolly old Calculator.

regards Richard

Ask a Question