NIVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT
Drivers from there web site don't work come up error,
Also there is no sound to my Sony Bravia TV
Other than this the rest runs fine tried updating drivers in manager no luck
Please note Sony do not support this model in Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Is your TV Tuner card a Pinnacle card? If it is, then Hauppauge Computer Works now owns all Pinnacle products.

You need to know what brand of TV Tuner card you have in order to download the correct drives from the tuner card maker's website.

You can get S.I.W. from here: SIW Without Installer (English-Only)
Download

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Before you upgraded, did you run the W7 comparability program? Have you checked the W7 comparability center to see if your card is supported?

W7 has native drivers for many products but it is up to the manufacturers as to whether they write drivers for older hardware or not so if this is a Sony TV Tuner which is not supported in 32bit W7 then you may have to buy a more current product.

Reaction score
Paid for & tried this driver program last night still no sound computer says divers are fine & you can see the visible test but no sound

Reaction score
Before you upgraded, did you run the W7 comparability program? Have you checked the W7 comparability center to see if your card is supported?

W7 has native drivers for many products but it is up to the manufacturers as to whether they write drivers for older hardware or not so if this is a Sony TV Tuner which is not supported in 32bit W7 then you may have to buy a more current product.
Seems that way but Internet is all fine not to worried about the TV card mainly just need sound
I only wanted the graphics drivers so i can stretch out the screen to 40" & up the quality

Reaction score
Is your TV Tuner card a Pinnacle card? If it is, then Hauppauge Computer Works now owns all Pinnacle products.

You need to know what brand of TV Tuner card you have in order to download the correct drives from the tuner card maker's website.

You can get S.I.W. from here: SIW Without Installer (English-Only)
Download
Will try tonight don,t know the tuner would have to open the unit even then may not be named

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Were you getting the sound off the TV tuner rather than from the sound ports (usually native to the motherboard in most models)?

Also there will be letters and numbers on the tuner card or on a big chip on the card - write that stuff down and we can usually search for it.

If you go to control panel \ device manager check for devices flagged as disabled or not functioning. Also ones that are functioning you can tell it to update driver and then pick check online for latest. And have you rebooted at all, as sometimes missing drivers are found on next boot up.

Reaction score
Were you getting the sound off the TV tuner rather than from the sound ports (usually native to the motherboard in most models)?

Also there will be letters and numbers on the tuner card or on a big chip on the card - write that stuff down and we can usually search for it.

If you go to control panel \ device manager check for devices flagged as disabled or not functioning. Also ones that are functioning you can tell it to update driver and then pick check online for latest. And have you rebooted at all, as sometimes missing drivers are found on next boot up.
Yes tried this with no luck will have a look inside when i get a chance

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Use SIW to tell what brand of TV tune you have.

It will tell you all the hardware that is on your system and the maker.

It's a free standing application and easy to use.

Reaction score
NIVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT I try getting the driver from nividia but is says no driver found for my hardware configuration when trying to install

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
NVidia has drivers but it recommends you get them from Sony as they will be more specific to your laptop.

Reaction score
NVidia has drivers but it recommends you get them from Sony as they will be more specific to your laptop.
I Have put the old vista driver back on screen seems Ok
TV_Tuner_Card_A313_Driver_E_1.1_1.1.0.15 this was the old TV driver that doesn't work now Plus this Realtek_6.0.1.5532 sound driver failed too

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Most Vista drivers should run in 7. Glad you got it working.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Some drivers have compatibility issues. Do you know the brand/model of the TV tuner, we may be able to search for a current driver?

A nice utility that tells lots of information about your computer is SIW; I use the freeware version and found my TV Tuner in SIW listed under hardware - devices - sound, video, and game controllers.
http://download.cnet.com/SIW/3000-2094_4-10326678.html

Reaction score
Some drivers have compatibility issues. Do you know the brand/model of the TV tuner, we may be able to search for a current driver?

A nice utility that tells lots of information about your computer is SIW; I use the freeware version and found my TV Tuner in SIW listed under hardware - devices - sound, video, and game controllers.
http://download.cnet.com/SIW/3000-2094_4-10326678.html
Can't see any thing other than a Realtek HD sound devise would this be it?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's possible it is integrated with your sound I suppose. I can't really find much about this VGX TP3/B; I guess it isn't sold in the USA. I found a VGX-TP1 and several TP2s that appear to be Sony VAIO integrated living room computers, is that what this is or is it a laptop?

What I found on the TP1 and TP2s Sony says run the W7 compatibility wizard and if it indicates any issues then they say do not upgrade so my question would be, did you run the W7 compatibility wizard prior to install? It also says most of the Vista drivers should work in W7, as I mentioned before. But perhaps you found the exception.

I would also recommend you go to the Sony website for your country and see if they have any drivers as well as maybe send an email to Sony support.

Reaction score
It's possible it is integrated with your sound I suppose. I can't really find much about this VGX TP3/B; I guess it isn't sold in the USA. I found a VGX-TP1 and several TP2s that appear to be Sony VAIO integrated living room computers, is that what this is or is it a laptop?

What I found on the TP1 and TP2s Sony says run the W7 compatibility wizard and if it indicates any issues then they say do not upgrade so my question would be, did you run the W7 compatibility wizard prior to install? It also says most of the Vista drivers should work in W7, as I mentioned before. But perhaps you found the exception.

I would also recommend you go to the Sony website for your country and see if they have any drivers as well as maybe send an email to Sony support.
Yes tried Sony all they can do is sell me a old vista disc to go backwards I'm not far off now its just the TV tuners & sound through the HDMI I have sound through ear phones & optical ,you are probably correct its integrated I'm sure

I'm happy so far the system is allot better than the problematic Vista that i had iv tried the old vista drivers for sound & TV tuners but they don't seem to work

Reaction score
I now have sound through the HDMI lead just the TV Tuner to go:) it just suddenly worked when I plugged in the optical lead for some ear phones but they didn't work lol

Still got to get to the bottom of this tuner

Last edited:

Ask a Question