Can't Pair Skullcandy Hesh 2 Headphones with PC

Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Skullcandy Hesh 2 BT headphones and I've spent the last hour trying to get them to pair with my Win 7 PC to no avail.

I put the headphones into pairing mode by holding the button and then it appears in the "add a device" window on my PC and says the device has been successfully added to the computer...

...but then it never "pairs" - all the BT drivers are unsuccessful and I have this long list of yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager. I can see the headphones in Devices & Printers, but when I click on it it says "needs troubleshooting".

I've tried for the last hour tp try an fix this but I haven't been able to. I have a Targus BT dongle in the PC and all my other BT devices are paired with the PC and working perfectly. I was able to pair the headphones to my Note 5 without any issues - music, videos, etc. all work great.

I'm at my wits end so I'm hoping someone here can help me. Otherwise I'll just take these things back and get a corded pair.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When I go to pair the device with the PC it does recognize the device, but then it starts trying to download drivers and these all fail. Why it has so many of them I don't know. I have removed the device quite a few times and uninstalled all the drivers that failed and rebooted, but it just does the same thing again after reboot.

I'm thinking of just taking these back. No sense spending a hundred bucks on something that's this difficult to use.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does Windows search online for drivers, or does it just try local ones?

Can you try going to Start > Devices and Printers > Right Click the Computer Icon and select "Device Installation Settings". Then make sure you've chosen "yes" for "Do you want Windows to download driver software and realistic icons for your devices?".

Reaction score
I've tried that along with many other things. I even tried some advice I found on another website where they said update driver, then chose "Let me pick from a list..." and select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list and then in the next window, where it shows a list of Company Names, choose Microsoft and then in the second column chose Windows Mobile Device Support. But this didn't work, either.

I took the headphones back because it was too much of a hassle trying to get them to work, but it would be nice to find out what was going on with those BT drivers in case I run into this problem again.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question