Can't install Windows Update for SQL Server 2005

Reaction score
I keep getting notifications from Windows update that I need to install Service Pack 3 for SQL Server 2005 but it won't install. I've tried following the instructions on the advice sheet for the error code but before I get to the end that fails.
Does anybody have any suggestions?

Also - whenever my computer wakes from hibernation or sleep the sound has disappeared. I have looked on the HP website for updated drivers for my computer but it says it doesn't have any for my model in Windows 7!

Any suggestions for fixing this?

Thanks

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the fourms, tau247! Sometimes with older computers (I still have one myself), you have to use Vista drivers to make Windows 7 run properly, and even then, there will still be some problems (no Aero, for instance). Aero isn't mandatory, but your screen will not look as good. If you cant find suitable drivers through Windows Update or HP, you'll have to go to another source, such as Driver Max. They have a free and paid version, the free is alright if you only need a few drivers, but if you need a lot, you may want to consider the paid one. The free version only allows two drivers to be downloaded per day. Best of luck to you.

Ask a Question