SOLVED Can't activate Win 7 RTM

Reaction score
Hi,

I've downloaded from microsoft.com a Windows 7 RTM Enterprise 32-bit US-English 90-day evaluation copy and did a fresh install. Everything seems fine, all devices recognized etc.

However I can't activate it, when I try I always get 0x8004FE33 error

---------------------------
Error Details
The following information was found for this error:

Code:
0x8004FE33

Description:
Unable to find a detailed error description.

The facility code is: ITF (0x04)
Facility error: 0xFE33 (65075L)

I connect to internet through proxy that requires authentication (once entered, it stays active for approx one hour), IE is set to use that proxy and has no problems, I can browse any site. When I start activation I'm not prompted for proxy authentication, and guess it should get proxy data from IE.

Thanks for any suggestions

Ad

Advertisements

clifford_cooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi peter_nn - Welcome to w7forums

This issue may occur when you connect to the Internet through a proxy server where Basic authentication is enabled.

When the proxy server is configured for Basic authentication, the server requires that you type a username and a password. However, the activation user interface does not let you enter these credentials. Therefore, the Basic authentication fails, and activation is not successful.
Read More - Here

Reaction score
thanks a lot!

I tried excluding these URL's in IE proxy config which didn't have any effect. But then I turned proxy off in IE (which doesn't matter as it's still active and prompts for authentication) and all went OK, I'm now activated :)

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question