Reaction score
Tracing route to cpc.pt [195.191.24.151]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 General failure.

Trace complete.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How strange. Have the router and PC both been restarted?

Can you try disabling all your anti-virus and firewall software temporarily (including Malwarebytes) and then see if it works?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I missed the part about you and your husband being on the same router, that would mean you share an IP address address except for the final node. If you don't understand this it isn't important but it basically means if you are banned then your husband would likely be banned as well. So it is probably not that their site has banned you.

I am wondering if you may have blocked the site yourself via the internet options Could you check Control Panel \ Internet Options and go to the CONTENT tab to see if you have Content Advisor enabled? If so click the settings and see if your problem website is in the Approved Sites list as NEVER.
Internet Properties-Content.jpg
NOTE: If this is NOT enabled then do not bother enabling it as the default would be approved but post back so I can keep looking/thinking of other ideas.

I don't use Windows Firewall but I bet it is also possible to block a website in there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
No, content advisor not enabled.

I disconnected the router and rebooted the computer when it first started but have just done it again and that isn't the solution.

I'm running MSE as my anti virus. Could I disable that and Malwarebytes temporarily or would I have to uninstall both and then install again?

I don't think I have any other firewall as I have been happy with MSE. I took AVG off for MSE about a year ago. This problem began a week or so ago and I had been accessing the page for a year before that.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Have a look in malwarebytes and see if it is a blocked address. If you find it so, add the IP address to the ignore list and retry.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No, content advisor not enabled.
Too bad, that would have been a simple fix to remove it :(

I disconnected the router and rebooted the computer when it first started but have just done it again and that isn't the solution.
No need to disconnect the network cable running from the router to the computer. But what IS a good idea is to turn off the router (or for those without a power switch just pull out the plug). Also if you have a modem that is separate equipment from the router then you should also power that down. Essentially, here is the order. Shut down the computer, then turn off or unplug the modem and router power (not network cables). Then turn them on in order that they flow from the wall, so modem on first and allow it to cycle through its lights; next the router; finally the computer.

I'm running MSE as my anti virus. Could I disable that and Malwarebytes temporarily or would I have to uninstall both and then install again?
I would not disable MSE as I don't think it blocks sites. I believe it is possible to block sites with malwarebytes paid version but I don't know about the free version. You might open up the malwarebytes program and see if there is a section of websites it is blocking and make sure your site isn't there. You could try them disabled just to see if there is any effect but I don't expect a change. Other than that I would not uninstall.

I don't think I have any other firewall as I have been happy with MSE.
MSE does NOT include a firewall. Some anti-virus solutions include there own Firewall but not all do. MSE relies on the Windows Firewall (which comes with W7) to handle your firewall needs. You can check these settings at Control Panel \ Windows Firewall

Reaction score
There are no blocked addresses in the free version of Malwarebytes I turned off the Windows firewall and tried, still can't access it. I'm pretty sure I turned the router and computer on and off in that order. Mt husband uses the same router and he is using his computer so I can't try that again just at this moment.

I'm stumped! Is it a system restore? Doesn't seem worth it for one site, but I normally go to it every day. Funny I can get it through Foundhide.

Reaction score
Here is a hint. The webmaster said on Friday he would ask the server if I was banned and if so would they allow me access and let him know if I could get it, so I keep trying. I just noticed that this is the message Google Chrome gives me. Bear in mind I use Google Crome all day for certain things.

Unable to access the network
Google Chrome is having trouble accessing the network.

This may be because your firewall or antivirus software wrongly thinks that Google Chrome is an intruder on your computer and is blocking it from connecting to the Internet.
Here are some suggestions:
Add Google Chrome as a permitted programme in your firewall or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted programme, try deleting it from the list of permitted programmes and adding it again.
Error 138 (net::ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED): Unable to access the network.

Reaction score
Ok, thanks all, here is an update, this is my system, I have plenty of space, Intel (R) Core (TM) i3.

Yesterday MY computer started getiing slower and slower, eventually the cursor started to jump around, the background flashing, I couldn't move on IE, or shut it down. I shut down the computer with the on off button, stated in safe mode, shut down normally and restarted in safe mode with internet. I went to run Malwarebytes and It said it was already running. I uninstalled and re installed it. I ran a virus scan with both Malwarebytes and MSE, both said no virus. At one point when I shut down a message momentarily flashed onto my screen saying "You're dead Joe" Sounds like I'm going mad, doesn't it? I decided to do a system restore to a time before the whole problem started. Afterwards I was able to click on the website and up it came as normal. Great! I left the computer on through the night but shut the lid so the cat didn't sit on it. This morning this is the error message I get both on the cpc website and the error 404 also on my homepage. I am at a loss to solve this. What happened through the night?

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, (e-mail address removed) and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Reaction score
Contacted the webmaster they suggested and got this message

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at isp.novis.pt.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<(e-mail address removed)>:
195.191.24.151 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 No Such USer Here
Giving up on 195.191.24.151.

Reaction score
OK disabled Malwarebytes and all runs smoothly. Malwarebytes was running nearly all the time. I would feel safer with malwarebytes, what caused it to statr going funny after a year, is it safe to reinstall it?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If everything works fine WITHOUT malwarebytes installed then it was likely malwarebytes locking the website. Like any AV program it can get false positives or be set incorrectly by the user.

Try running the Malwarebytes removal tool (mbam-clean.exe) to be sure everything is completely deleted and then install the latest version. Starting over with a fresh malwarebytes blocked list may resolve the problem. If not, then it should also be possible to manually edit malwarebytes to mark the site as ALLOWED.

Reaction score
I reinstalled malwarebytes and it is all functioning smoothly, it must have been the culprit, thanks everyone for your time and your help.

Ask a Question