SOLVED Can I turn off windows Defender?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
MSE updated to a new version last week but you would have known that or been informed as I was.

Win Defender did not auto start up for me after the update.

Reaction score
What cat said, but it's under administrator.
Hmmm, dunno As I'm the only account on the machine and set myself up for full access would not everything I do be as administrator?

Never got any warning messages on boot up, only discovered it at all 'cos I was looking around in the action centre and there was the message about running ESET and Defender at the same time.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I recently removed MSE (2.0) on one of my Win 7 partitions, but Defender didn't restart, nor do I want it to. I'm trying to get Comodo to work for me there, it's unlike any AV that I used before.

I'm just glad that Defender didn't switch back on, as I'm being flagged constantly on trusted apps.

Cat

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
MSE updated to a new version last week but you would have known that or been informed as I was.

Win Defender did not auto start up for me after the update.
Curious.
What update was that.
I am running ver 2.0.657.0, which I received in mid december last year. I didn't receive any notificationrecently of a newer version?

mse.png

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
That's the version I was updated to. The update came from the program itself not Windows update . My 2 folding machines run 24/7 and I noticed the pop-ups there first when I got back from my trip. The first notifications may have come a week earlier. My office computer runs Avira so my wife would not have noticed anything. The other one I needed to check was my XP dual-boot and sure enough MSE wanted to update that.

Mychael, I meant to say there is an actual administrator tab in the program where the option is. I know you're the administrator of your machine.:)

Ask a Question