BSODs, yet no Minidump file + Memory Problem

Reaction score
Hello, running W7 (64bit) 4 gb RAM.
Experienced a number of BSODs recently. The system recommended that I run the memory checker, and indeed I received a windows popup warning:
"Your computer has a memory problem.
Memory problems can cause your computer to lose information or stop working. ... yadda yadda contact the manufacturer"

And, when I navigate to the minidump file in c:\windows, there is nothing in there...

Seems most of the time, my machine crashes when I've got Firefox open. I've updated it yet crashes still occur when it's open/running. That's my own observation...
Don

Reaction score
Well, nothing's there... BUT...
I right-clicked the folder icon and got a 'show previous' option. There were some older files in there, which I have attached...

Attachments

Reaction score
Cool.

Remove the AVG in safe mode using the special tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot to normal mode after and install MSE to replace it, which will never cause bsod or memory corruption like AVG can and does.

---------

Code:
WinRing0x64 WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 09:29:37 2008
Must uninstall/delete this Gadget and rid it's folder(s) from the machine:

C:\Users\Donnie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets\IntelCoreSeries24.gadget\WinRing0x64.sys

Delete the entire IntelCoreSeries24.gadget folder after closing the gadget itself.

Reboot and run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

---------------

Code:
Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009
Update your Realtek network driver. Type systeminfo in a comand prompt then press enter. It will tell you the number of it. If you have 8111 use the following link to download:

RTL8111

If you have another number, search the left side of the link instead, for it.

-----------

Delete this driver:
Code:
BIOS64   BIOS64.sys   Sat Jun 07 20:12:00 2003
It is at C:\Windows\system32\drivers\BIOS64.sys

Reboot and again run Ccleaner to clean the registry.

------------

Rename this driver to Rtnic64.bak and reboot.

Code:
Rtnic64  Rtnic64.sys  Mon Mar 31 01:39:38 2008
It's also at C:\Windows\System32\drivers

-----------

If you follow this carefully and do everything, the machine will be fine. Enjoy.

Reaction score
Many thanks again, Torrent!
All of the steps were successful, EXCEPT installing MSE. Apparently, one must issue a support ticket ... I've not had much luck with tickets supporting free software, even with MS.

I do have Microsoft Forefront Protection 2010 installed - as an MS contractor, I installed it earlier in the year in order to work from home and connect remotely. It's a firewall/malware program. Hopefully, it's a fine MSE option.

Ask a Question