BSODs and Problems Multiplying

Reaction score
Upgraded computer with the following:
Corsair SSD
500 W Power Supply
Maxed out the memory
Windows 7 Professional
New ATI 3 port Graphics card (pulled and returned to Amazon as defective and put the old card back in)
------------------------------------------------
First few BSODS 0 code 0x24.......... then 0x19 added..... then they went too fast & rebooted before I could see the code.
Firefox began crashing (tech support suggested a problem with the ATI driver on the new card - which I finally pulled and returned because I couldn't get the DataPort to work.)
Then Microsoft word messed up.
Next Firefox messed up and somehow got rid of itself - and now I can't install it, even after a program delete and re-download.
-----------------------------------------------
Based on information in another BSOD thread (now closed) I downloaded and ran Speccy - and see I have a problem with a device: A0DDriver4.01: Root\Legacy_AODDriver 4.01\0000 "This device is not present, not working properly, or doesn't have all its drivers installed."

I have not checked this out yet because I wanted to get the minidumps submitted so I can get these issues resolved. I've been unproductive for 6 weeks and enough is enough. I need help!

I'm attaching the minidump zip file as requested and hope you can help me get on my way. Thanking you in advance.... :)

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7 forums.

I am seeing in the crash dumps a lot of the following:
NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24)

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: avp.exe

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x24_Ntfs!NtfsCreateLcb+2b4

BIOS Version 2001

BIOS Release Date 01/27/2011

Manufacturer System manufacturer

Product Name System Product Name

Which seem to belong to Kaspersky's AV.

Some suggestions:
Uninstall it and re-install the latest, if you have a paid subscription.

Or install Microsofts Security Essentials:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/products/security-essentials

Remove:

ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 13:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)
Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7). Also a part of the Asus PCProbe and AISuite Utilities

Update:
scmndisp.sys Wed Jan 17 18:48:03 2007 (45ADD4B3)
Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution
http://kb.netgear.com/app/

jswpslwfx.sys Thu May 15 20:28:50 2008 (482C1062)
D-Link USB Wireless Adapter Driver
http://www.dlink.com/support/products/default.aspx#usb

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I believe I've taken care of the Kaspersky issue with an update and I've seen no more issues with Kaspersky itself.

#1: Question regarding deleting the ASACPI.sys file - I've located it now and all I have to do is delete it? You mention Asus ... Utility - is that something I should be looking for to also delete, or just delete the ASACPI.sys file?

#2: Re: Netgear update: My current driver file shows the current updated driver for 2010 - so I should be OK there.

#3: As for the D-Link USB Wireless Adapter Driver, jswpslwfx.sys, - I have no idea why I have it or what it works with. When attempting to update - the link provided here takes you to a page that doesn't exist. While attempting to locate the driver through Google - Firefox (new install) crashed followed by another BSOD 0x24 code.

P.S. Want to add a big THANK YOU for all your support here. I'm also learning a thing or two (albeit frustrating as hell because I need to get working) about new components and software!

Reaction score
Note: I've only had 3 BSOD's in the past two days - so tha is improvement. I could not figure out how to attach here in a reply - so if you need them please let me know how I should proceed. Thanks!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry for my lack of clarity.

Please uninstall any Asus utility.

To attach a zip containing the crash dumps, click on the "Go Advanced" button just beside the "Post Quick reply" button.

Ask a Question