BSOD

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There is no DMP file in that zip.

I notice you have an AGP video card. AGP has pretty much been replaced with PCI-e but there still might be a more recent driver than Jul 14, 2009. See if you can update your video drivers.

Maybe try uninstalling Punkbuster, it has been known to cause problems with games including BF3 in the past (or at least make sure it was updated). Reference.

Anyway, still no DMP file but most likely is video drivers or the game or the Punkbuster game utility. Not an expert so I doubt there is more I can offer, you might try another forum with more active BSOD members but they are still going to want a DMP file.

Reaction score
I am sorry about that. I have had trouble with the .dmp files. I have just checked them (there should have been three but they have disappeared). I tried to move them to the desktop and then send to compressed but it didn't work. I put them back in the Windows dump folder but they seem to have disappeared!!!

Sorry about that.

When I get another BSOD I'll post it.

I have no idea where the .dmp files are!

Nevica

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You should never really move them, it is best you just COPY them.

Reaction score
No, I don't have an AGP card. It's definitely PCIe.

Nevica

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Interesting. Well I guess your MOBO has an AGP bus because there are AGP drivers listed in the DriversList.txt that you zipped:
agp440 ... Intel AGP Bus Filter Kernel ......... 14/07/2009 00:38:43
nv_agp ... NVIDIA nForce AGP Bus Kernel . 14/07/2009 00:38:44

As I said, I'm not an expert at this stuff but the truth is that if it isn't a virus or a hardware problem (like bad memory, faulty hard drive) then it is almost always the drivers or the game. You have lots of drivers from 2009, which means they are quite old. You need to visit the manufacturers website for your MOBO and the video card & the SSD and the sound card (if not on MOBO) and the network card, etc and install all the latest.

Reaction score
ok,

I have the latest firmware for SSD and graphics card.

I have downloaded drivers here for the latest sound card etc.

http://uk.msi.com/product/mb/P67A-GD53.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win8 64

I don't know what I am missing.

I have also noticed that on the MSI website they suggest that I set up the SSD in AHCI mode and enable hot plug for better system running, performance and stability.

How do I set these up please?

Nevica

Attachments

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You would have to enter the BIOS settings and find the setting related to hot plug for the SATA port to which your SSD is connected.

Ask a Question