BSOD playing fullscreen Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After even further investigation, I've found others having this exact issue, our only common piece of hardware? the gigabyte mobo!!

found 5 other threads on random forums with people complaining of bsod's while running full screen flash, totally different hardware across the board, except the same mobo. grrr

Reaction score
Nice! I believe I've found a major issue:

Your Windows 7 driver file should have the RTM date of 7/13/2009

Here is yours:

spsys spsys.sys Mon May 11 13:20:58 2009

To fix it, open an elevated command prompt then run this command:

sfc /scannow

Then when done, reboot and check C:\Windows\System32\drivers for it's properties and the new modified date of that file. If it's 7/13/2009, you've fixed it.

Then scan the machine with Malwarebytes after.

Reaction score
said it didnt find any errors, rebooted and the modify date is still: 6/10/2009 :(

Reaction score
Fixed, had same problem

I had the same problem and after searching, it seemed that a lot of people are having this problem. There was something wrong with the latest update to flash player and they have fixed it but they didn't release another update with the fix, they just fixed the bug. I have google chrome and IE 9 and google chrome comes with flash player but you can also download and install flash player from IE 9 so you end up with two flash players. What I did was uninstall both flash players and google chrome. Reset the computer then download and install google chrome and don't install a second flash player from Internet Explorer. Another thing causing this problem for people was using hardware acceleration for flash player and to turn this off, open up google chrome and go to any video that uses flash player and right click on the video, click on settings not and uncheck the box for use hardware acceleration and then close the browser and reopen it to make sure the changes are applied. This fixed my problem and hope it fixes yours.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Marketing, this thread is 2 years old so the issue you (and I) had recently was actually just a bad update release but it was not the OPs situation.

I'm closing this thread because it is old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question