BSOD help

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a fairly new system (My first build) and I have had many BSOD's. I can list particular specs if needed figured I'd try here to see if I can correct them.

I have an Asus M4A79XTD evo Mobo
Gskill Ripjaw series ram 4 gigs
Ati HD 4860 Video card
Using on board sound and Lan
Windows 7 64 bit

Minidump file Attached

Attachments

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hello Djhumphries! Welcome to the Windows 7 forums website!

We'll try to get back to you ASAP! The gentleman who usually handles this is offline at the present time.

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi,
I had a quick look at the dump (although TorrentG is much better at reading these) and it seems memory was the cause of the crash. Before actually checking the memory are all your updates current? This means drivers and Bios.. If so then try running the machine with just one stick of RAM installed. Keep trying this with different sticks until one/two errors out.
You could also try running memtest: http://www.memtest.org/ although again check one stick at a time.

Reaction score
Ok I'll have to check that out, I hope it's not the ram again I haven't been able to send the other 4 gigs back to get them replaced. But all my drivers and my bios are current. Since I pulled the other 4 gigs out I have had very few crashes but still annoying nonetheless. Thanks for the info I will check the sticks as soon as all the holiday stuff is done.

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Please remember to save any further crash dumps you have so we can assess them when needed.

Ask a Question