BSOD help

Reaction score
Since you are having bsods continue, it's time to get the machine in a condition I would have it in personally. What that means is no drivers allowed that I can't say 100% for sure are well. Unnecessary drivers are no good when troubleshooting and would best be removed until all issues cease.

1) Uninstall TuneUp Utilities:

TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64 TuneUpUtilitiesDriver64.sys Thu Sep 17 07:54:52 2009

2) Uninstall PC Tools:

pctplfw64 pctplfw64.sys Tue Jan 12 16:28:44 2010
pctNdis_PacketFilter64 pctNdis-PacketFilter64.sys
pctNdis64 pctNdis64.sys Wed Jan 06 19:21:38 2010
pctgntdi64 pctgntdi64.sys Wed Jan 06 19:59:33 2010
PctWfpFilter64 PctWfpFilter64.sys Wed Jan 06 20:07:09 2010

3) Uninstall the software this belongs to:

TfNetMon TfNetMon.sys Thu Jan 14 18:07:42 2010
TfSysMon TfSysMon.sys Thu Jan 14 18:07:32 2010
TfFsMon TfFsMon.sys Thu Jan 14 18:07:21 2010

4) The only way we can continue with troubleshooting is if dumps show all these drivers gone. Otherwise, there is no say what is. Besides, these steps are likely to fix the issue anyhow.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The first one is PC Tools Firewall Plus. The other on I believe is PC Tools Threat Fire. Remove both of those correct ? For Threat Fire do I need to use on of the special removal tools, like for the other anti-virus software out there ?

Reaction score
Yes, remove all 3. I dunno about the antivirus or how to remove it. I'd say just do it normally.

And as a side note, from now on, never have 2 antivirus installed at the same time like you do now with MSE. That's a no-no and causes a broad range of issues from bsods, to very slow disk performance, of which the above crash was just that.

Reaction score
Removed all of them

I unistalled all of them with Revo-Uninstaller Pro and rebooted. Checked my C;\Programs x86, C:\Programs and C;|Programs Data for any leftover remnants. None there Check my AppData folder nothing there. Found 1 PC Tools key in Registry under one of the Software columns - deleted that key and restarted. I then ran Autoruns to check there fore leftovers with Windows files and Microsoft files hidden. None found there. Thanks TorrentG. Does that CPUz screenshot of my memory timings in the 2nd post look ok ?
Yes, remove all 3. I dunno about the antivirus or how to remove it. I'd say just do it normally.

And as a side note, from now on, never have 2 antivirus installed at the same time like you do now with MSE. That's a no-no and causes a broad range of issues from bsods, to very slow disk performance, of which the above crash was just that.

Reaction score
Qiet frequently

Quiet frequently. I had a thread on Friday about other BSOD's. My drivers checked out. I changed the meory timing to how they are now yesterday and somehow they changed from yesterday to today. Weird, I'm the only person that uses the computer and my roomate's blind. Go figure.
Nice. How often were the crashes occurring?

Last edited:
Reaction score
New BSOD

Action Center said MSE needed to be updated. I let it update it and it basicaly started acting strange. I rebooted and Action Center still had same message listed. I uninstalled MSE and rebooted. I then went to Microsoft's Security website and clicked on the link for MSE and redownloaded it. After installing it and letting it go through it's routine of downloading the definitions & running it's quick scan. I went to get a cup of coffee and came back to a BSOD STOP:0x0000001A. Minidump attached.t
Yep, looks good. Keep us updated on progress....:)

Attachments

Reaction score
Will do

How do I run Memtest86 ? I think I remeber you telling other's on the forum to test each ram stick seperately. Other than that I'm not sure how to use it or where to get. Does guru32 have it ?
Defective RAM. Test with Memtest86+ until errors show and when they do, replace the RAM.

Reaction score
Put in new ram

TorrentG I put in some Corsair XMS 2 PC8500ram that I had bought for a Biostar mobo that was supposed to be for this pc. The ECS & Corsair websites didn't have this memory on there list for my A790GXM-A v1.0 mobo. That's why I got the Ballistix ram for it. Could you check the ram timings for this ram for me. Thanks TorrentG. PS- Front side lights on Tempest EVO case are working again.
Defective RAM. Test with Memtest86+ until errors show and when they do, replace the RAM.

Attachments

Reaction score
You just overclocked it by a huge margin. I'm surprised it's even running. It's supposed to be @ 400 MHz.

Reaction score
Heck, ya, you can try your luck at that but the memory sure was not designed for it.

You could have success though...

But the computer has not crashed at all with new memory, right?

Reaction score
Not so far

No crashes so far.
Heck, ya, you can try your luck at that but the memory sure was not designed for it.

You could have success though...

But the computer has not crashed at all with new memory, right?

Ask a Question