BSOD Help

Reaction score
I dont. Did reinstall everything else now though. Ill see what happends and will report back.

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm using USB3.0. I do use a keyboard that's connecter via usb (Logitech G19) and I have a external harddrive connected.

I do remember that some of the crashed has been exactly when I pressed a button on my keyboard or my mouse. But I guess that could mean anything.

Reaction score
Well I thought everything was going ok. Did not do the BIOS changes but did pretty much everything else. Havent gotten a bsod for about 6 days. But got one just now.
Attaching dumpfile.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: Agent.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff800033ba504
Could you please look at the properties of "Agent.exe" and see which company it is from.

Reaction score
Thats Blizzards "Update Agent" for Diablo 3.
Did a perfmon /report and it complained about some "Marvell 91xx Config ATA Device"
I checked up on that and installed some more drivers for the SATA list and it stopped complaining.
Got 2 or 3 more BSOD after that though.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Everyone one of those mini dumps, except two, pointed to something different.

It is important to let us know what you were doing just before the the crash.
For example, "I was browsing the internet with Firefox"

1/ Did the Video card come from AMD? or is it a Giga-byte Radeon HD 6950 or another company?
2/ You can try: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx it might help.
3/ Also if you are using Firefox disable all the plug-ins.

Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
2 or 3 happened while playing Diablo 3. One while surfing and one while I was out and away from the computer.

The video card is from sapphire.
The autodetect said I had the latest drivers.
And will keep away from firefox until something else happends since I believe it has been running during every BSOD.

Reaction score
I have not. Will do now.

Did however get 2 more BSOD since the last time. Was not running firefx during these BSOD (was running chrome though).

Attachments

Reaction score
Ran Memtest earlier about a month ago. Will run it tonight though.
I'll see what happends and report back.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
There are only a couple more thing that I can think of:

1/ Download the latest driver from http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=0001&pid=1021&lid=1# Uninstall your video driver; Reboot; Re-install the Sapphire driver.
2/ Is there a Diablo 3 update? http://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/5367451
Note: Certain overlay programs such as Mumble, XFire, EVGA Precision, Airfoil by Rogue Amoeba, MSI Afterburner, Dxtory, RadeonPro, or Taksi may cause Diablo III to crash. If you experience a crash and are running any of these programs, make sure to update them before launching Diablo III again. If crashing continues, we recommend not running these programs when launching Diablo III.
Are you running Radeon Pro?

3/ Run the BIOS update, but be careful.

Ask a Question