BSOD driver power state failure when going to sleep mode

Reaction score
I cannot free up enough space on the SSD,no matter what I do. Now,I have another problem. I thought I could change the location the dmp file would be saved to the HDD,thinking it had enough space to enable a full dump.I created a folder called "Memorydump" and set it to "D:\Memorydump\memory.dmp" in,but on a BSoD,it never saved anything there. Now,I have set it back to "%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP",like it was originally and it STILL isn't saving a crash dump. How do I fix this?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

There is a fix to save full memory dumps without a page file. So please set the pagefile back to 1Gb. There needs to be at least 4Gb free for the full Memory Dump.
I am just a bit busy at the moment.
I'll be with you shortly.

Reaction score
set the page file to 1GB? that is much less than the amount of memory I have,isnt it bad to do that? Also,I need to fix the problem of not generating a dmp file that I am now having. Take your time,I have all day.

Edit:I just got an early xmas gift,since I was looking at a Target flier earlier on a sale of a 750GB Seagate external HDD.My parents got it for me,since the sale was on and they only had a few left. I am doing a backup now and am now very much considering either doing a full system re-installation or updgrading to Windows 8,which might also fix the driver problem,since I am willing to bet it uses a completely different set of drivers.I am pretty sure my BSoD problems were caused by a bad driver installed by DriverMax,as I started encountering this problem not long after I started using it. I will stick with SlimDrivers,since it actually downloads the software to install the drivers,as opposed to the .dll files themselves. Either way,I am now likely just going to refresh my installation of Windows some how.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
I was going to get you to remove the Pagefile from the SSD and have it on the HDD.

But if you are going re-install......

Also if you are going to re-install check the firmware version for the SSD. It can be a cause of BSOD's.
I would suggest that you avoid software that automatically updates drivers. As some drivers crash / BSOD computers.
There are some drivers from MS that cause problems on my computer.

Let us know what you are going to do.

Reaction score
I thought about moving the pagefile to the HDD as well,but thought it would make things slower.Then again,my HDD is 7200rpm so it shouldnt be that slow.Even still,It is not even making dmp files now. I dont know if I will reinstall Windows,but its a very viable option now,if all else fails.

Also,my firmware is the latest version from Toshiba.One would think if it comes from WU it wouldn't have much problem. At least SlimDrivers actually downloads the proper software to install drivers.For example,it downloaded the utility from Intel for my WiFi Link AGN wireless card. That sounds like it is the best option possible,to me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I installed the hotfix,set the pagefile on the SSD to 1024MB and the one on the HDD to 6139 MB. I now have over 10 GB free on my SSD,but the full memory dump option is still not available and any other form of dump is still not being saved. Even though the save directory is "%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP". I performed a SFC scan and had nothing and will next do a deep chkdsk scan,to see if that fixes the problem of not generating a DMP file.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Please check that the "Windows Error Reporting" service is set to automatic.

Reaction score
EUREKA!!

I went and did something that I was kind of afraid of doing,but decided to do anyway. I booted into safe mode w/ networking and opened device manager and un-installed and re-installed any system device driver that I thought might be causing the problem,and after multiple reboots and loading into safe mode again,I eventually went into normal windows and my computer now goes to sleep properly. Assuming that one of those drivers was the cause of my problem,I am relatively sure that my problem is now fixed. If not,you guys would see me back again,haha. I will be careful about dabbling into driver updaters now,but I still like SlimDrivers. Thanks for all the help,Shintaro :beer:

Ask a Question