SOLVED BSOD after Patch Tuesday updates

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yes I did, meant to tell ya.

Reaction score
Cool...perhaps the issue is fixed then. Have there been any further bsods since doing that? If not, great. If so, post them and I'll see if it's the same issue.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Just the one I mentioned this morning.

I really think it's my very average graphics card not playing well with the F@H gpu client and I'm resolved to give it up (and the 750 points/day) :( to monitor the machine.

Attachments

Reaction score
Nah, if things were well, nothing could cause a bsod like that.

You either have a defective video card, it's overheating from too much dust or improper fan operation, or the network driver is causing corruption.

I am noticing HWiNFO64A.SYS becoming unloaded in the crashes. I would definitely uninstall that software.

Still the same 0x116 error tdr error.

--------------

You can edit the registry to either increase the tdr timeout value or remove it all-together. This is a workaround type of fix:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/wddm_timeout.mspx

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Thanks for helping. I was starting to feel pretty stupid, not being able to find a simple driver.

X___________________________________________________

This is where everyone can chime in with wisecracks. :lol:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score

You either have a defective video card, it's overheating from too much dust or improper fan operation, or the network driver is causing corruption.

I am noticing HWiNFO64A.SYS becoming unloaded in the crashes. I would definitely uninstall that software.

Still the same 0x116 error.

Okay. I was using that to monitor temps. I'll look through the software DB for a replacement.

I forgot, that's a stand-alone. I don't use it all the time but I'll get rid of it for now.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Am I just paranoid or is it starting to look like the last round of patches from Microsoft was filling holes with C4 rather than Spackle?

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Am I just paranoid or is it starting to look like the last round of patches from Microsoft was filling holes with C4 rather than Spackle?
I honestly don't think this had anything to do with the patches. Bad titling on my part.

I offer my sincere apologies to MS. As if they give a rats-a..!

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing to do with MS patches at all. The problem is 100% specific to his machine.

Out of the last 100 or so crash dumps I've looked at, there was only one other 0x116 tdr timeout which was fixed.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not meaning just this. FC's welcome screen disappearing ... jumplists going away. Lot of issues ... it may be a coincidence ... just a thought.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score

Still the same 0x116 error tdr error.

--------------

You can edit the registry to either increase the tdr timeout value or remove it all-together. This is a workaround type of fix:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/wddm_timeout.mspx
Well it took a while but it was a defective card. Why can't these things die a quick painless death instead of a slow death, painful to all who care about it?

Ask a Question