SOLVED BSOD after Patch Tuesday updates

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Title says it all.

I got through most of the restart and then it crashed and restarted again to get the message.

Attachments

Reaction score
You're getting 0x116 video tdr timeout errors, which are not caused by the actual video driver itself. Highly suggest to:

1) Update the motherboard bios to latest.

2) Update the very old Atheros ethernet driver from your motherboard website:

l260x64 l260x64.sys Tue Mar 17 06:00:35 2009

3) Uninstall the very old MagicDisc to remove this old driver:

mcdbus mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009

Reboot and install PowerISO to replace it:

http://www.PowerISO.com

That should do well for ya. If there are still issues, post the new crash dump.

Then too, I would use Driver Sweeper from guru3d.com to clear all NVIDIA video drivers/settings/software.

Reboot to normal mode and install the latest driver again:

NVIDIA

Leave the control panel settings at default.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Ok but you know I have to let a folding wu finish first, don't ya? :) It's a big one.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I'll need good instructions on how to update the BIOS. I did see a good article on Wiki-Help.I don't want to do it today because there is a bit of a nor'easter blowing outside. Could loose power for a while.

No luck with Atheros drivers yet. Mobo site only shows Realtek for my board.

Got rid of Magicdisc. Don't need emulation sw right now.

Also uninstalled TeamViewer5 for possible conflict. Don't need that either.

Reaction score
Keep us updated on how its going. There some things I could say but I'll hold off for now until you tell me how its going...

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I updated the BIOS a couple days ago.

No progress updating Atheros driver. Can't find anything newer.

Got a bsod yesterday while the gpu folding client was finishing up and sending results. In fact I can attest to the timing of all the crashes being when this happens. My solution was to uninstall the gpu folding client. Brilliant huh?

I may swap out that card and see if it can fold in the 32bit box.

I will continue to monitor the situation.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I found this on the Atheros website. They DO NOT supply drivers, one must go to the website of the manufacturer of the NIC or wireless adapter cards.

If you are not a direct Atheros customer and require driver support or customer service related to drivers, please contact the manufacturer of the product or system you purchased. We suggest you refer to the manufacturer’s website, as they typically offer online technical support pages where software drivers, updates and related information can be obtained. We thank you for purchasing an Atheros-enabled product.
So Yodap go to the website of the company that made your card and go from there. With built-in LAN on motherboards it's usually best to go to the mobo maker's website.

You might also try softpedia.com

Last edited:
Reaction score
You must have a different revision of the motherboard than what you posted. (The adapter is part of the motherboard, correct?)

Type msinfo32 in the start menu then press enter. File | save on the opened screen.

Zip the saved file and attach. I'll see if I can sort things.

Reaction score
I would make sure Realtek lan is enabled in the bios and remove that Atheros add-on card if it actually is a card. Then plug the network cable into the motherboard and install the Realtek driver I linked too.

Let me know what's what there...Atheros=card or not?

Yup, if a card, remove it and use onboard lan as above.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I would make sure Realtek lan is enabled in the bios and remove that Atheros add-on card if it actually is a card. Then plug the network cable into the motherboard and install the Realtek driver I linked too.

Let me know what's what there...Atheros=card or not?

Yup, if a card, remove it and use onboard lan as above.
Sorry man!

It's on-board. Try this. They only have about a dozen with the same friggen model #. F..K!

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...goryID=1&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=16&LanID=9

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I think I may have found a newer driver. July 09.

Edit: probably not, that says pci-e

Last edited:
Reaction score
It could still apply. Where did you find it? Do you have a link at all?

Reaction score
You already have the latest version available anywhere at all. Nothing else to do involving that.

Did you already run Driver Sweeper in safe mode to clear NVIDIA video driver/settings/files then reboot and install the latest driver fresh?

Ask a Question