Boot From ROm?

Reaction score
hi guys, i got Toshiba satellite l755 laptop, the problem is i cant boot win 7 from the dvd, i have to use a flash drive to install it which i dont have now, installed an update the drivers with uniblu driver scanner, after that my usb mouse dose not work, i tried to restore system ..it didnt work ether so i need to 4mat the win an re install..so how can i boot from rom, there are no option for it on boot menu :/ please help me

Reaction score
Why not just use the hidden partition, usually the D drive or the built in software to restore the laptop to factory defaults.

Reaction score
guys i need help here :/ i need a way to fix my lap,i need to boot from rom, simply there is no option for that

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did your laptop come with a built-in DVD-Rom? If so then go to your BIOS and set the boot order, DVD-Rom will be an option in the boot order. If your DVDRom is a USB external then you set it to boot to USB, same as if it was a flash drive.

Some laptops come with a hidden partition which can be used to restore the computer to factory defaults. If you have a laptop with that setup then you wouldn't need a DVD or flash drive to reinstall. Bassfisher was suggesting you could use that feature. (But not all laptop are designed that way).

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
You need to press F12 when the machine starts up to access the boot menu. From there you can tell it to boot from the DVD drive.

Reaction score
Did your laptop come with a built-in DVD-Rom? If so then go to your BIOS and set the boot order, DVD-Rom will be an option in the boot order. If your DVDRom is a USB external then you set it to boot to USB, same as if it was a flash drive.

Some laptops come with a hidden partition which can be used to restore the computer to factory defaults. If you have a laptop with that setup then you wouldn't need a DVD or flash drive to reinstall. Bassfisher was suggesting you could use that feature. (But not all laptop are designed that way).
yes it comes with the dvd rom, i did the BIO thing, the problem is there is no option to boot from rom/cd/dvd all i see is boot from hdd,flash etc.this is my problem i need resolved :/

Reaction score
You need to press F12 when the machine starts up to access the boot menu. From there you can tell it to boot from the DVD drive.
there is no boot from dvd option in boot menu mate,this is what is want fixed :/

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Could you post a camera photo of your BIOS boot options?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Try putting Floppy Disk Drive first, USB second, HDD third

If it still doesn't work the put Other Disk Drive ahead of HDD

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
odd - ODD? Optical Disk Drive?

Ask a Question