Blue-tooth Internet Connection (Computer to Phone)

Reaction score
For anyone that has:
  1. Blue-tooth capable Computer.
  2. Blue-tooth capable Phone with Internet.
There is a great chance you can connect to the Internet through your phone.
  1. Install Blue-tooth Drivers for your Device.
  2. Pair your phone with the computer to enable communication with the phone at anytime. You should now see your phone listed under the devices connected to your computer.
  3. Right click on the phone and "Create a Dial-up Connection". Do not use Dial-up Rules which are rules used automatically each time a number is dialed such as an area code or prefix. Under the phone number use this four digit code (*99#). This four digit code was all I needed for my computer to setup a dial-up networking connection with my phone.
  4. Click on the newly created dial-up connection to start your Internet connection. If your phone works the same as mine it will chime when Connected and Disconnected.
PS:
Please pay close attention to your service plan. I wouldn't want you to run up a huge bill because you have a limit on the amount of data you are allowed each month.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Very informative post Cliff !

I am one of the weird ones in the fact that ALL I use my cellphone for is for talking to people, when necessary. Sometimes a text or two.

What amazes me is how people simply cannot put down the darn phone even for a minute, to do something.

Just imagine what would happen if ALL the cellphones in the world just suddenly stopped working tomorrow morning at say... 8 AM GMT. OH BOY!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This can be really handy if you are away from home and have no wifi connection. I've got my iPhone linked via bluetooth and it comes with a 3GB data package for tethered data, more than enough for occasional use. What surprises me is the speed over 3G, it's easily fast enough for browsing and even some video streaming. :)

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I am one of the weird ones in the fact that ALL I use my cellphone for is for talking to people, when necessary. Sometimes a text or two.

What amazes me is how people simply cannot put down the darn phone even for a minute, to do something.

Just imagine what would happen if ALL the cellphones in the world just suddenly stopped working tomorrow morning at say... 8 AM GMT. OH BOY!
That's not weird at all...to me, anyway. I don't like talking on the phone. I text occasionally, and I get alerts on my phone from my online calendar, reminding me of things I need to do. A lot of the time my phone's dead and I don't know where, because I keep forgetting to charge it. I really don't use it much at all... I like texting, though, but I don't know others who do, so I don't do it much.

Reaction score
This is very useful information. There is a HTC PDA with facility of WiFi Router and this feature make it WiFi router and you can connect any laptop or desktop through WiFi with your PDA and use internet service of cellular company on your laptop(s) . It's cost is USD 880. But you can also get china made PDA in USD 60.

Ask a Question