SOLVED Blue Screens During Games

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

What BIOS version were you on again? F9 or F11c?

Because I am wondering if re-flashing the BIOS might work? Unless it is a problem with the chips.

But I don't know of anyway to test the RAID controller that are built in to mobo'.

Was there any diags in the util AMD RAIDXpert? p.82 of mobo manual.

Reaction score
I'm still on F9 BIOS because F11c is a beta and I would rather be running a fully tested BOIS version.

I'm not seeing anything other than how to build a Raid array or rebuild one which doesn't apply to Raid 0 configuration according to the manual. No information about troubleshooting or diagnosing the Raid setup is listed.

EDIT: Alright I have no idea if this is something permanent or not but I've gone back to my Raid 0 drives instead of the single disk. While changing the BIOS to accept the single drive and turning off the Raid controller I noticed one of the settings seemed very specific. So when I went back into the BIOS to turn the Raid controller back on and accept the Raid drives, I reset this setting to Auto instead of the specific setting it was on. It's possible this was changed accidentally the last time I flashed the BIOS to F9, so far I have played 2 games that gave me very precise blue screens in the same spots every time before this setting was changed, with no problems. It's possible this was the problem the entire time, only time will tell though. Hopefully, as annoying as it is having it be this simple, this was what was wrong but knowing my luck I have my doubts.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry mate, I missed your update.

What was the "Specific setting"?

Reaction score
The setting was Onboard Serial Port 1 and it was set to 3F8/IRQ4. When I went back to the Raid drives I just set it to auto instead and ever since then I have had no problems at all no matter the game.

As I said before it's possible that this setting was set incorrectly when I flashed the BIOS to F9, which would mean it was my own fault this whole time.

It's something I didn't think of before when this started happening, but if you have a problem like this it's a good idea to verify that all the settings in your BIOS are correct.

Thanks for all your help Shintaro, I wouldn't have noticed it unless you suggested going to a single drive or if you ended up telling me to look in the BIOS for inproper settings.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Interesting, what is the IRQ and the Memory address set to now for Serial Port 1?

Sorry, I'm just not convinced.

Reaction score
I set it to Automatic, so it could be any of the settings. I could always set it back to 3F8/IRQ4 which is the default setting to see if I can recreate the problem I was having before.

Ask a Question