SOLVED Blue Screens During Games

Shintaro

Reaction score
That is a good idea to try it without the SaiTek KB.

I have a few ideas, but I need to do a bit of research and have the full memory dump.

I appreciate that you are willing to get and upload full memory dumps.

Reaction score
Finally got around to running Prime95 blend test, which came back error-free.

Not sure where to go from here especially since I haven't figured out how to get this full dump to you yet.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
How long did you run Prime95 for?

Yea, I was thinking a FTP server, but not sure.

Reaction score
It's almost like the game doesn't even matter anymore, although some games seem to have no problems at all, and when I say some I mean less than 4. It's really starting to become bothersome, especially since I don't know what it is.

I don't know how helpful it is anymore but this one happened while playing Alien Swarm.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

A couple of things:

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: ielowutil.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0
To stop ielowutil.exe from popping up:

• Internet options
  • Content\feeds and web slices settings
  • Unchecked "automatically check feeds and web slices for updates".
  • Maybe uncheck everything else in there, unless you need it.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fb80008000, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 000000001c4dc880, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff70001000000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

If you can, are you able to go back to a single disk? Just for testing? I know it will mean re-installing everything.
This could mean that the motherboard controller is faulty.

Reaction score
I've disabled all the options in Content/Feeds since I never use them anyways.

Unfortunately I don't think that I can run off one HD as the drives are in Raid 0. Last time I updated the BIOS it took me a little while to get it to reboot as it wouldn't read an OS off of one HD. It's possible that this is because the OS is written across both drives but I'm not sure how it was installed before it was shipped to me.

I'm sure I've said this before but what doesn't make any sense to me is how games that used to work fine don't anymore, and others just work flawlessly all the time no matter how long I play them (at least so far). I can't think of any reason why this would happen myself.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

It would make sense if your HD controller started going bad.

Do you have another disk that you can test with?

Reaction score
I could try to borrow a friends' hard drives as he has the same Raid 0 drive setup that I do but it could be awhile before that happens.

Is it possible this is why Windows has told me that it had problems reading a drive sometimes after I've crashed? I've also had Windows stronly suggest a chkdsk on startup before, but no program ever says there is anything wrong with the drives themselves.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If the controller is going bad then you would think that the information being witten to the drive could get corrupted.

I was thinking that you test in a non-raid setup.

Reaction score
Would another option be to run these hard drives in another computer to see if the games that constantly have problems crash with a different mobo?

I can't think of any other single drives to use with an OS on them.

EDIT: I did a bit of research and it seems usually when an HDD controller is going bad it affects the OS boot and overall performance of the computer. I'm not ruling it out as a possibility though. I would actually be thankful to know exactly what the problem is even if something needed to be replaced.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
What I am trying to find out is if the mobo has trouble with the RAID config or just HD's in general.
So please just use your system minus the RAID drives with just a single replacement HD.
See how that goes.

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do about a single hard drive, but it could be a bit.

Any other ideas on getting this full crash dump to you? Or is it unnecessary now?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Let's see what happens when you put a single drive in.
I'm not going anywhere until the end of September.

Reaction score
This happened sooner than I expected. Running on a single drive that I took from another desktop that just had the OS reloaded.

I redownloaded Alien Swarm, which was giving me a blue screen within 5 minutes of trying to play, and I played it for about a half an hour without any problems.

How long do you want me to run with one drive?

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sheesh, can you please upload the crash dump files.

Reaction score
I would if I had any but there haven't been any crashes with the single disk yet.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you haven't had any crashes, then perhaps the motherboard RAID controller is faulty.

Reaction score
It's alright, everyone makes mistakes.

Is it possible that it could still be driver related? Also, are there any other ways to tell if the RAID controller is bad on the mobo?

Ask a Question