Blue Screen On Win7 x64 Ultimate

Reaction score
Yes GOM Player is up to date. I'm starting to think that all the gigabyte's motherboard utility programs are incompatible with w7 Ultimate.
Also the last two days without warning i'm facing restarts of Nvidia Driver (today Twice) as i'm watching videos on You Tube.
I'll unistall the program you told me to and we'll see. Thanks!

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you try the above and you still get crashes then,

Driver verifier
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Then after enabling Diver verifier, the crashes should have more information, that hopefully will help.

Reaction score
After doing all the things you said, i run memtest 3 times in a row and everything was fine with my G.Skill's Ripjaws 1600MHz DDR3's, so i decided to do a clean install of my win 7 x64 Ultimate. Things are now worse than before...during the installation of windows at the phase of file expansion i'm getting the message 0x80050570 that a file is missing or it's corrupted. I've tried also with another DVD device to perform the installastion but same thing. So, i suspect that something is wrong with my memories? Can you tell me anything about that new problem and how can i pinpoint the problem?
Thanks!
P.S I've tried also to perform a x32 bit installation from the same DVD of Ultimate edition and at first it did the same things but on second attempt the installation finished OK.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Have you checked for a new firmware release for your SSD?

Reaction score
Yes, my Intel 520 240GB wears the 400i firm wich according to the Intel Toolkit s/w is the latest one. Should i have the SSD in AHCI mode or ATA? Also this morning after my previous post i saw that Gigabyte launched a new firm for my mobo which claims to repair some HDD compatibility issues. I 'll pass it to the mobo to see if it is something with the disks (except my SSD i have also a HDD as data drive which is a Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 750GB Sata II).
Is it possible that one of the four memory sticks could have a problem? I read that during win installation memory stresses out very much. Shouldn't mem+ show me an error? By the way my 16GB kit is from G.Skill [Ripjaws Z ] F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL (4Gx4) which is tested for my mobo and it is in normal mode at 1.5 Volt

Shintaro

Reaction score
Give the motherboard BIOS a go.
If that doesn't fix it, try changing the SSD to ATA mode.
If that doesn't fix it, try just the Seagate drive with the SSD disconnected.

Mem+ should find faulty RAM.

Let us know how you go.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
After trying all the possibilities, i tried to uninstall from my mobo each time one of the DDR3 DIMMS to see which one is defective. When i took out the first one and the system was with 12GB instead of 16GB (triple channel instead of quad), the installation finished correctly and everything is fine now.
Afterwards, i inspected the faulty DIMM and with suprise i saw the one of the SMD Capacitors was faulty soldered from the factory, so now i have to RMA my DDR3 Kit to G.Skill. Hope everything will go ok with them.
Thanks again for your help and support to my problem!
Jstath

Shintaro

Reaction score
I am happy that you found the problem.

If you think that the thread is solved, kindly mark it as Solved.

Take care.

Ask a Question