Blue screen Help

Reaction score
Was getting the -007e reformated and now am getting the -003b stop could you guys help me through the process of fixing my computer.

Also just had a crash and it said something about the hard drive being fubar'ed

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If it's a bad hard drive then it needs replaced. Buy a new one. If you can "sometimes" get this one to come up then don't use it at all until you get the new one and then yo may be able to clone it but important files may have been corrupted so you would be better to reinstall W7 on the new drive and then simply copy any data you can salvage from the old one. Once the data is off, drill some holes through the old one and throw it away.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How do I know for sure if my drive is no good?
My laptop is still under warranty but is my only computer. and I need it for college.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Hard drives use S.M.A.R.T. to monitor themselves. If it detects a problem and tells you the hard drive is going bad then it is best to replace it while you can still copy your data off.

Reaction score
Alright then, so how do I figure out what is causing my blue screens?
Also thank you for the help

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You would need to post the DMP files but ...
if it told you the HD is bad then that needs replaced before anything else. You shouldn't even be turning the computer on & off until you back-up all your data to an external HD. Your HD could die at any time and everything may be lost.

Reaction score
Well I already went back to factory settings, so its not like I have much to lose lol.

Reaction score
Also I get a file not found/permission error when I try to zip my dump file.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Almost every DMP points to iaStor.sys which are your storage drivers. Replace the hard drive.

Reaction score
Called dell last night and I will be getting a new hard drive from them on Thursday!

Reaction score
I assume there are some recent changes made in your system settings. These changes are preventing your computer from functioning properly. Have you tried System Restore? If not tried it yet, do it now. Click Start, type in the Search Box "System Restore" and then press ENTER. You'll see a screen-based wizard. Just follow it and all things will be fine.

Reaction score
Check your computer for virus. Remove any virus infected files found on the hard disk.

Ask a Question