Ballmer: We have our hammer, while Apple had its own hammer!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

By Windows Club | June 4th, 2010

Steve Ballmer gave a spirited defense of the Microsoft’s strategy and the future of its Windows operating system, following an assertion from Steve Jobs earlier that personal computers that run it are in permanent decline.

TM - IS THIS BETTER? :eek:

“The PC as we know it will continue to morph,” Mr Ballmer said during an on-stage interview. Some will have a keyboard, some won’t have a keyboard.”

Mr Ballmer, who also conceded that Microsoft had “missed a cycle” on mobile phones, sought to broaden the definition of a PC to include tablets.

“To a man with a hammer, every problem looks like a nail,” he said. “We have our hammer [with Windows],” while Apple had its own hammer with the iPhone operating system that it was expanding to support the iPad.

In fact, he argued that Apple’s push for that operating system meant that its own Mac computer would fade away.

Mr Ballmer said he was disappointed that his company’s software was only the fifth most popular for smartphones, CNN is reporting.

SOURCE

Last edited:
Reaction score
It will all evolve from Personal Computers (PC) to Personal Computing and the way we do it will change. The PC as it is now or to be pedantic the MAC PC or Windows PC wont continue forever in the homes in their present form.
Tinkerers and hobbyists will keep things going for longer as we like to pull stuff apart and plug it in but as the Personal Computer more and more moves from the den to the lounge I think the tablet style of computing and the all in one style will become more and more prevalent.
The only other way it could go but I think it will be more for enthusiasts is to have a small Intranet within the home where the den will run a small NAS server in some discrete out of the way corner and the rest of the house will just have terminals.
A mate of mine when he had his home built about 8 yrs ago now had Ethernet cabling and outlets put through to all the rooms at the same time as the conventional mains power wiring was done.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Nib, what was the photo supposed to be in your post, as all I see is a big red X.

Ok the picture is fixed, I was really expecting a huge hammer smashing something.
I wanted humor, please put the red X back, it was funnier. LOL

Last edited:

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
me too...I see the ugly red X box, no photo/pic!

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
My bad... was in a rush earlier yesterday afternoon. Did a C&P instead an imageshack link.

Ask a Question