Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There are quite a few users without avatars on here (the images show each time you post) , but as it's a great way to easily identify yourself I thought I'd post this to show you where to get one and how to upload it to the site.

Avatarist is a handy directory that shows lots of avatar images : http://www.avatarist.com/

Just pick one of those and save the image to your PC, then visit the User Control Panel and click "edit avatar" (or click here) and upload the image you saved to W7Forums and click save.

It will now appear on all your posts :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you Ian

do i have to post so many times before my avatar shows up ?
It should show up straight away - I think you have put up a "profile picture" (that shows up on your profile page) rather than an avatar. It you upload the image as an avatar too, it should work :)

Reaction score
There are quite a few users without avatars on here (the images show each time you post) , but as it's a great way to easily identify yourself I thought I'd post this to show you where to get one and how to upload it to the site.
Thanks Ian

Typed my name and search Wikipedia - I didnt know there was a puppet with my name - I was going to use the Big Red Dog - I may change it later though

I did have to make my downloaded image smaller too. 100x100 pixel

Kalario-8.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here is the original I found and one where I croped out the background and resized to 100x100 saving as a transparent GIF

Beaker Muppet.gif
Beaker Muppet2.gif

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Clifford! I'll put that image to good use :D

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Hmmm, your nose looks a tad "off" hehehe :D

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
It is ATM draceena ive got a cold so its a bit red :lol:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I hope you get better soon, I know colds always make my eyes red and puffy and I can't afford that on my avatar lol

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Apart from Adobe CS is there any specific avatar software that is compatible with Windows 7 32 & 64bit ?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Apart from Adobe CS is there any specific avatar software that is compatible with Windows 7 32 & 64bit ?
I'm not sure what you mean? Avatars are just little image files, so you can even use Windows Paint to make one :)

Ask a Question