Automatic Login - Discussion

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Alex82! Haven't seen you on here until now. You are wise to be the only one to use your computer, that way you don't have to worry about someone snooping around. I have a couple of relatives that comes over, if they need to use one, it would be my laptop, and Win 2K has the only guest account setup, with IE6 as it's browser. That discourages them from asking. No one gets on my desktop, period.

Reaction score
It only seems to work on a boot-up or restart, but not in hibernate? Have I missed something, please?

Reaction score
Auto-login during hibernation

I can answer my own query now, having been shown by my son-in-law how to! Follow the links: Control panel/Hardware & Sound/Power Options/Require a password when the computer awakes/Change settings that are currently available & then check the button 'Don't require a password'! Solved!

Hope it helps others.

Reaction score
Now, is it possible to set up an automatic login on a Windows system where I set up 2 user accounts and when I want to log into the user account for which the login isn't automated I press a button on keyboard while computer is starting that takes me to its login screen?

Ask a Question