Applications that don't work with Windows 7 64-Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The most likely method that should work for you EDI, since you have W7 Pro is downloading and installing Virtual PC - XP mode. Then you install the software inside an XP window.

Note: You will need enough CPU power and RAM to run the virtual environment though (typically at least a dual core & 3GB RAM is a good idea). You can try it with less but it may run sluggish.

Reaction score
I had one a few weeks ago. I have to check out what it was on my other computer and I will post it when I find out what it was. I recall there was supposed to be a patch to get it to work in 64 bit, but the patch didn;t even work.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I use Windows 7 pro (64) and have not yet found a way to install an old ACT! (v 6.0) CRM application that loaded and worked well from W 95 though XP Pro/SP2. If you have any ideas on what can try to get this 32 app to install in Windows 7 (64) I am willing to test test it.

Thanks
Depending on what version of Win7 you have, see Using ACT! 6.0 on 64-bit Windows 7 system.

Reaction score
Still interested? Here's an application that will not work on 64-bit Internet Explorer:

1. Go to www.demographicsnow.com
2. Login, and choose "Switch to Classic"
3. Install the MapGuide Viewer. It should install very easily, no problems there.
4. Try to open the mapping platform from a 64-bit. It will fail.
5. Try the 32-bit, and it will succeed but with very slow performance times.

Alteryx and DemographicsNow technicians willingly concede that the mapping application does not work on a 64-bit system.

(Note: Partly because of these problems, DemographicsNow has migrated away from the "Classic" system, but keeps it live for some of its unique users.)

If you can offer any suggestions, that would be great. Thank you, and sorry for contributing 2 years after your post. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question