AOLPRESS

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a suggestion for me? I have been using this really old, but really simple program and it is a 32 bit. It won't run on my 64 bit windows 7.

Reaction score
Anyone out there have a suggestion for me? I have been using this really old, but really simple program and it is a 32 bit. It won't run on my 64 bit windows 7.

Am having same issue, AOLPress will not work on 64 bit system. Tried compatibility mode, but no help.
I really like AOLPress as a simple free website editor, so if anyone knows a workaround to solve my issue, please post!

Reaction score
This works
AOL Press is installed and working as a virtual application through XP mode. I mapped drive V: on the virtual XP to the physical drive (your local C drive) to give the application access to the physical drive. When you use the program save and open items from V: within the application. The apps C: is virtual and you won’t have access to it when not running XP mode, or the app.

George

Reaction score
AOLpress and Windows 7[

QUOTE=BevDaBronxbabe;16547]Anyone out there have a suggestion for me? I have been using this really old, but really simple program and it is a 32 bit. It won't run on my 64 bit windows 7. [/QUOTE]

I run it on Windows 7 Home Premium. You can not install it, as the program will not install. However if you have installed it on another computer with a Windows version with which it worked, simply copy all the file onto a flash drive and copy it to the Program Files directory (NOT THE PROGRAM FILES X86). It does crash now and then but I can live with it. The best free editor I have found. I like being able to click back and forth from the visual side to the HTML side. To bad AOL let this one go.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Perhaps not the answer you are looking for, but I would suggest you move on to somthing that is compatible. There are many free ones around. How about Kompozer?
http://www.kompozer.net/download.php

I certainly, as a choice, would see no gain in setting up a virtual Xp model in order to run an old program.

If you search, say "Free Web editors" I am sure you will find something that satisfies you.

Reaction score
Windows 7 64 bit and AOLPress

AOLPress will work with 64 bit Windows 7

There are six dll files with the number 400 as part of the name (one being jgp400.dll). These have to be copied from the windows/system32 folder to the same folder as the aolpress executable file. It will then work. If your graphics are not displayed, you will have to change the image display method under tools>preferences>general to photoshop 4 jpeg.

Ask a Question