Any good video cards out there?

Reaction score
Hi there

For my new build this month, I need to choose a graphics card. Can anybody recommend one for me from Newegg, that is about less than $180? I'm looking for an Nvidia, and I need one that can run FSX with addons just about fine, but I also play other games such as LOL and on my current system (see my specs) I only get like 20 FPS on low medium settings.

Thanks,
Diego

Reaction score
This is just my opinion. Especially, if you're a gamer, do yourself a huge favor and see if you can exchange the motherboard & cpu for newer models. Here's a perfect example. The Batman Arkham City pc game require's 64 bit Windows and at the minimum 8.0 GBs of ram. You're much better off with at least 8.0 GBs. of ram and a quad-core cpu. . Who ever made thr motherboardt, may very well stop updating various driver's and the bios for it. The dual-core cpu and obvious old motherboard are already dead in the water. Save yourself those future headaches later down the road. As far as your 300 watt power supply. Any video card sold need's at least a 450 watt power supply.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nooo guys. I'm building a new computer, forget the one in my Specs. That's not the one I'm buying the card for.

Reaction score
In that case a Nvidia GTX560-590. It's all a matter of what you want to do with it and spend onit. I do know as I have a factory overclocked Radeon HD 6950 and the fact that I've purchased & inalled Batman Arkham Asylum, Cryisi, Batman Arkham City and am awaiting Crysis 2 to arrive. That all 3 and most likely 4 all seem to cater to Nvidia based cards.Considering the Radeon HD 6950 was the top dog, until the GTX 590 came out, something's wrong there on the software companies partFor example, I have mt video card setup correctly in Windows, yet in both Batman games, alot of areas or even Batman himself looks black & white, instead of color. Then when I browser reviews or Youtube, the pictures/ videos look all colored like they should be. Crysis looks fine on it, so I know it's not me or any setting.s. I have all patches for all games, including the Arkham City patch that disabled dx11 and then Thursday's patch that fixed the games dx11 and apparently reenabled it. I have no way of knowing for sure on that one, as the patch removrd a few options appearing in the games option. Anything to do with dx has disappeared with the 2nd patch.

Ask a Question