andLinux

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Heya Guys!

This looks pretty nice: http://www.andlinux.org/

You can basicly run linux at the same time as windows, so that you can use windows and linux apps at te same time. I like it for softwares like GParted or for coding. (Source files for many softwares and OSs can only be edited properly in Linux)

It's basicly a virtual machine that intergrates itself with windows, like XP Mode.

Here are he system requirements:
Memory: at least 128 MB (192 MB or more is recommended)
Hard disk space: 2.5 GB (XFCE version) / 4.5 GB (KDE version)

Btw, yes I know this is a Windows forum. This software runs linux over windows.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Here are he system requirements:
Memory: at least 128 MB (192 MB or more is recommended)
Hard disk space: 2.5 GB (XFCE version) / 4.5 GB (KDE version)
I was gonna try it till I saw the "Only 32bit" part. Darn it!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
This sort of reminds me of the Wubi install of Ubuntu in Windows. First of all, a warning, as this install ruined a perfectly fine XP Pro system. The warning comes from the lady from Microsoft who did her best to assist me, at no charge.

Linux and Windows should not be installed on the same partition (except through a VM). If you want to do a regular install, then partition and dual boot your choice of a Linux OS. Windows should always be installed on the first partition. If you have more than one Windows OS to install, do these partitions first. You are allowed four primary partitions (that 100MB one counts as one of them). In any case, the Linux OS should be installed on the last partition.

Unless you're sure of one that you like, VirtualBox from Oracle is the best free VM on the market. I have three of them, with multiple installs of Windows & Linux on them. And one great thing about VirtualBox (and other VM's too), you don't need to burn a disc to install with. You download and install VirtualBox, and when you're ready to install an OS, just point the installer to the .iso file in your downloads folder, it will do the rest.

As far as this software goes, it may be good, it may not be. But let others be the guinea pig for these new ideas, mixing Linux with Windows can easily backfire on you. Just a thought, and a warning.

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Bad ole puddy tat, don't come back here w/o a 64-bit option! :D

Ask a Question