AMD display driver: Final status fail.

Reaction score
Hey there.

Im having trouble with drivers for my new graphics card. ASUS EAH5670 1GB GDDR5 series.

I used the AMD - Catalyst install manager - version 03.00.0838
I obtained the download link for this here. from this forum. I clicked the link at the top of the page called "AMD catalyst software suite version 11.8 downloads.

On that site i downloaded and ran both the AMD radeon graphics drivers as well as the AMD catalyst application profiles.

Unfortunately, once the install manager has finished installing im getting the message
" Installation complete (warning occurred during installation). View log for details"

When i check the log i can that it says...

Packages for install
AMD display driver
Final status - Fail
version of item - 8.881.0.0000
Size - 90 Mbytes

I am using windows 7 Ultimate

Let me apologise upfront as im not a very computer savi person. So any step by step guid would be greatly appreciated. If not, no worries.

All the best

Furbz

Reaction score
i found your driver at asus, i tyed asus eah5670 has link to asus at top. i search it through yahoo. but if your downloading for a laptop/notebook you will have to go to the manufacture for driver. on laptops the manufactures modify the chip set.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Download driver directly from AMD's website, save to desktop or where ever you like. Then uninstall current driver from control panel, un-install software...a reboot is needed and is normal. Once system has booted up and running, go to where you saved newly downloaded driver and install. Another reboot is need to complete driver installation and again is normal.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Ask a Question