Am I doing this right? (clean install of W7 Home Premium x64)

Reaction score
So I'm downloading the ISO right now for my laptop. Would I need to double click the ISO to install it again or would I burn it to a disc and boot the disc?

I've ran Ubuntu and Linux Puppy on it before so it should go just fine, right? :)

If you need my specs, here:
upload_2014-4-14_20-37-4.png

Reaction score
Actually I'm gonna copy all of my user files onto my removable hard disk. Then I will install a fresh new copy :)

Reaction score
You're on the right track. Burn the .iso onto a CD/DVD and boot to it and follow the instructions. If you boot to the windows disc, I like to use the option to format the harddrive first for a guaranteed clean install. (If you don't know) it's under "other" when you get to the page that shows all possible places to install the OS to - It will be at the bottom. Again, thats only if you don't already know... I'm not big on acting like a 'know-it-all-butthead' in self-help forums. :)

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If your hard drive had GRUB on it for your Linux installs then you must first remove GRUB or the W7 install will fail.

And to use it beyond the 60-day trial you will need a W7 Home Premium Product Key to Activate.

Ask a Question