ALC662 Non-Distorting Driver Needed!

Reaction score
The first sound is from Windows (Playback Devices>Speakers>Advanced>Test).
The Audio manager test sound (attached) is different, but still has an artifact at the end of playback.

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Getting the right driver is very important but I don't understand why the same sound plays differently depending on the application.

So some items you might try:

Select Sound > Playback Tab; choose the Speakers and hit Configuration ... Set it to Stereo, not surround or 5.1 etc. If there other options here, such as Stadium, equalizer etc set everything to the most basic default or none option.

Under Sound > Communications Tab, Try do nothing. If no effect try Mute all other sounds.

... any change in results?

Reaction score
TrainableMan,
Tried Sound>communication settings, no impact.
Tried Sound>Playback Speakers, Configuration. Was set to stereo.
Did notice that when testing speakers individually, left channel sound had no artificts, while right channel had the closing artifact (wounds like the door closing on the original Star Trek). Really strange it would be in one channel but not the other.
John S.,
I did try the R2.71 drivers, with no change in the sound quality.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I think you have the correct driver in at least one of them. I think you need to check your wiring, maybe try a jack in the front, try different speakers, use line out and feed it through an amp. If this is a new board it may be defective, rule out the speakers and wiring and then RMA it.

Ask a Question